Localiser alignment and general database issues (solution)

Ask here for software oriented support
SIM320

Re: Localiser alignment and general database issues (solution)

Post by SIM320 »

Thanks Thierry,
I appreciate your very accurate help!
I am going to copy your config, changing the distribution of Fmgs resources in my network.
My best regards
Massimo
SIM320

Post by SIM320 »

Issue solved following the procedure, generating bin files in the pc where P3d is installed and copying them in the client pc where ND is running.
I have Checked and corrected scenery.cfg paths also, thanks to Thierry that posted the contents.
ILS is newly and correctly active in my SIM.
Many thanks for this great support.
Best regards
Massimo
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

Glad to hear you got this resolved.

You might want to consider using Captain Pero's freeware (see this thread) as, among other things, it would allow to do the NAV database rebuild automatically and copy the files to remote computers. Just a suggestion of course.
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
D-AJMF

Post by D-AJMF »

michael1508 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:55 pm Hi Michael,

this perfectly works. Follow the 'how to' in the Jeehell Advanced SetUp guide
The problem is, there is no FMGS server installed on the P3D PC.
So I can’t create the files from this PC.

I didn’t find anything about how to do it, if server and P3D are on different machines.

Kind regards
Michael
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

D-AJMF wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:18 pm
Michael, are you sure. At installation of the jeehell suite you have to install also a portion on the P3D PC. Where you choose "This computer is running P3D" on the install option. As i know, the FMGS Server is installed on the P3D machine too then. If not, you just have at least the folder "\A320FMGS" on your P3D PC. just copy the Folder \FMGSServer from the PC where you run the dedicated Server into the A320FMGS mainfolder on the P3D PC. You can run FMGSServer.exe on the P3D PC by rightklick on the exe, start as Administrator or you put a link to it on you desktop. FMGSServer will then automaticly start creating the bin files on the P3D PC, if the folder settings in the scenery.cfg in the Navdata folder is correct, of course.
Once the 11 bins are created, copy them to he FMGSServer PC and all other PC which run a portion of Jeehell. Don´t forget to close FMGSServer.exe on the P3D PC afterwards, before starting you dedicated server

Good Luck
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
D-AJMF

Post by D-AJMF »

bbruechmann wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:12 am
D-AJMF wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:18 pm
Michael, are you sure. At installation of the jeehell suite you have to install also a portion on the P3D PC. Where you choose "This computer is running P3D" on the install option. As i know, the FMGS Server is installed on the P3D machine too then. If not, you just have at least the folder "\A320FMGS" on your P3D PC. just copy the Folder \FMGSServer from the PC where you run the dedicated Server into the A320FMGS mainfolder on the P3D PC. You can run FMGSServer.exe on the P3D PC by rightklick on the exe, start as Administrator or you put a link to it on you desktop. FMGSServer will then automaticly start creating the bin files on the P3D PC, if the folder settings in the scenery.cfg in the Navdata folder is correct, of course.
Once the 11 bins are created, copy them to he FMGSServer PC and all other PC which run a portion of Jeehell. Don´t forget to close FMGSServer.exe on the P3D PC afterwards, before starting you dedicated server

Good Luck
I found the FMGS_Server.exe on the P3D PC, but when I run it, it doesnt create the files.
Navigraph AIRAC is installed to C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
I checked the scenery config File, looks good.

Code: Select all

[Scenery]
scenery.cfg=C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\scenery.cfg
FSfolder=D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
AerosoftPath=C:\Users\Michael2\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
Add-ons.cfg=C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg
Add-ons.cfg2=C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg
ip=192.168.178.103
But the P3d PC got IP 101. Sure the file is set for the actual server PC with 103. Does it maybe not run due to the IP?

kind regards
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

try to copy the dat file directly to navdata1 & 2 folders
Regards,
Jean Luc
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

D-AJMF wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:20 am
I found the FMGS_Server.exe on the P3D PC, but when I run it, it doesnt create the files.

[Scenery]
Add-ons.cfg=C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg
ip=192.168.178.103
But the P3d PC got IP 101. Sure the file is set for the actual server PC with 103. Does it maybe not run due to the IP?

kind regards
The AIRAC file schould be seen by the fmgsserver, but that never worked for me either. Just put the Navdatarecord.dat as Jeehell mentioned into the Navdata1 folder. Not sure if that matters in fact, but to keep things consistent you should change the IP to 101 if this is the one of the P3D PC. You could use the localhost address 127.0.0.0 aswell, i think.

***don´t forget to give fmgsserver a little time to create the bin files. On my system it takes something between 60 and 120 seconds or more, depending on how much add-ons you use.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
D-AJMF

Post by D-AJMF »

bbruechmann wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:56 pm
D-AJMF wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:20 am

[Scenery]
ip=192.168.178.103

kind regards
The AIRAC file schould be seen by the fmgsserver, but that never worked for me either. Just put the Navdatarecord.dat as Jeehell mentioned into the Navdata1 folder. Not sure if that matters in fact, but to keep things consistent you should change the IP to 101 if this is the one of the P3D PC. You could use the localhost address 127.0.0.0 aswell, i think.

***don´t forget to give fmgsserver a little time to create the bin files. On my system it takes something between 60 and 120 seconds or more, depending on how much add-ons you use.
Moving the Navrecord.dat did the trick.
Thank you and kind regards

Michael
tcz

Post by tcz »

Dear,

i have exact this issue i think. All Localiser are have a offset and bringing me down right at the green next to the runway.
This happened with two stock airports (e.g. EDDK and EDDL) who i have tested.
After i buy the justsim EDDL Scenery, for EDDL the problem is solved, but for EDDK it still exists.

If i test the ILS with the stock mooney - all is fine. So it looks like a (database?) problem in jeehell. Because EDDL worked after install justsim EDDL, i think i dont have a error in my "navdata\FSscenery.cfg".

As you can also see, the Course in the MCDU for 14L is 132°, but in the Charts it is 136°.
I think this difference can explain the offset ...
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

did you rebuild your navdata bins after installing your new addon scenery?
Regards,
Jean Luc
tcz

Post by tcz »

Dear Jean,

yes, it looks like that i have found the error.

I have changed all Path in my "navdata\FSscenery.cfg" who has values ...
But "FSfolder=" was empty. After i have there put also a value, it looks like the problem is solved
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Soarbywire wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:05 pm You will need to copy all the *.bin files to the navdata folder in all client computers where you have setup PFD/ND (EIS.exe) screens.
Or you use my Tool UPDNAV.
With UPDNAV, the entire process of distributing navigation data across the network becomes much easier
The tool has been available on my website http://a320-simulator.de for a long time
It is freeware for all Jeehell users
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder