How to adjust MCDU label lines?

Ask here for software oriented support
kholt

How to adjust MCDU label lines?

Post by kholt »

The documentation says to press the blank page key to the right of airport and below the rad/nav page keys to switch modes to adjust the position of the label lines. That doesn’t work, at least not with my Skalarki MCDU.

Alternatively, it says to press MAJ-L on the keyboard to change the mode to adjust the position of the label lines. I have no idea what the ‘MAJ’ key is. Such a key does not exist on a U.S. standard keyboard, nor have I ever heard of such a thing. We have ‘Control’, ‘Alt’, ‘Shift’, and ‘Windows’ keys. I tried all of those in conjunction with the ‘L’ key. Nothing works. It remains in the default mode in which I can adjust only the title, scratchpad, and entry lines, but not the labels.

I assume this isn’t supposed to be difficult to do. Can someone please let me in on the secret handshake/password to enable such a function?

As an aside, it would really be nice if these sorts of adjustments were possible via a text file, similarly to adjusting other parameters such as window position. It’s much easier to figure out, as well as making it easier to make fine adjustments in a consistent manner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can’t get a clearly readable display screen at the present time.

Keith
Lion65!

Re: How to adjust MCDU label lines?

Post by Lion65! »

Good morning, I think it might be the french equivalent of Shift.
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

In French…..
http://www.aircockpit.com/viewtopic.php ... cdu#p92756
Say us if it’s ok.

Gilles
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Yes MAJ is French for SHIFT, it slipped in during translation...
in your A32OFMGS\softwarePanels folder you may check you have CPTkeys.ini (and/or FOkeys.ini).
Eventually replace it by the file attached here. (jsut rename to FOkeys.ini for FO side).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Jean Luc
kholt

Post by kholt »

Obviously, I did not take French in school... :-)

Shift-L does not work for me either.

I am certain that I have window focus on the MCDU screen because I can type with my keyboard in the scratchpad of the MCDU when I'm NOT on the line setup page. One interesting thing though is that I can "occasionally" get keystrokes to appear in the scratchpad while on the line setup page, but only sometimes. Most of the time the characters typed do not appear in the MCDU scratchpad while on this page. I have however managed to get the 'L' key to appear in the scratchpad of the MCDU while on the line setup page. The keypress is in fact getting to the MCDU, it's just not changing the line select mode to adjust the labels.

I had the CPTkeys.ini file and the new one is identical to the old one.

To summarize, I can adjust the position of the title, scratchpad, and entry lines, but not the label lines. Shift-L does not move the position of the '>' and '<' symbols to the label lines.
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

ah I found the issue, the CPTKeys.ini I sent does NOT have the key combination somehow, BLANK2 line is empty.
You can edit the file and modify the line as below:
BLANK2=SHIFT+L
Regards,
Jean Luc
kholt

Post by kholt »

That worked! Thank you.

Keith

P.S.,
I made the change to FOkeys.ini as well, even though I don't have an FO-side MCDU as yet.