IITCreator

Support for hardware oriented issues
chris

IITCreator

Post by chris »

Good morning,

On the FDS A320 simulator, which I am currently reassembling, there is, among other things, an FDSSYS3 card to which the ECAM Panel is connected.
This card is well recognized in Windows 10 and also in the IITCreator module which allows configuration.
It is well powered at 12v (tested at 13.3v).

When I open IITCreator and press an ECAM button e.g. bleed, the software designates input 26 and I therefore configure the ECAM bleed key
so on for the other door, clr, etc. buttons. and after saving, I close IITCreator.

When I open IITCreator again, all the assignments given to the pushers have disappeared???? and that only on this card.

An idea ?
For info, when I configure the switches and LEDs on the FDSSYS1 128/256 card which manages the overhead, all the information is kept.

Other questions:

For the switches, do you have to assign switch up and down for each function, or only one is enough and the other is by default

ex: if I press the korry BAT1 should I put switch up, and down when I release or up is enough and down is implicitly taken by default?

Are these functions (up and down) that should be used for the Korrys or toggle?

Is there a tutorial for IITCreator and if so where?
jeehell
Site Admin

Re: IITCreator

Post by jeehell »

Hello

do you use the legacy FDS interface or the new one (selection at installation)?

as for the switches assignments, it may depend on the switch. Some do not care about the released action and only require a push event to work.
For korry-like switches, if you have the latching on the switch, it is mandatory to have both events.
The driver does not know the type of switch used (default FDS one, or self made etc) so you need to tell exactly what you need for each switch.
Regards,
Jean Luc
chris

Post by chris »

Thank you for your reply.

I use new one fds mode.

For the FDSSYS3 card I think that it is not the cause because I connected it to the second simulation machine and there, I can
configure it with IITCreator and the informations are preserved. I think there is something on the server machine that is preventing this backup.

So, can we use this card on the client machine ? I think so, because on this one there is an IITCreator module and the information entered
are read at startup (correct or not?)

My question, for the assignment of switches, was: in which case to assign the "toggle" function instead of switch up or down or more precisely
on what type of switch (a toggle being for me, a toggle switch)

Regards.
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Hi

No problem to have a remote IIT module.

As for your question on toggle switches, it depends on the switch, but for 2 positions toggle switches that should be OK. Do some tests as you build your config and you should tell when it works or not as it should.
Regards,
Jean Luc