Problem sizing PFD/ND on 17” LCD and skalarki MIP panel

Ask questions regarding software support here
maddoc

Problem sizing PFD/ND on 17” LCD and skalarki MIP panel

Post by maddoc »

Hi guys,
probably could seem stupid issue but I need your help: I need advices about to fix the correct size of PFD/ND display...I just finish to assemble my MIP using Skalarki MIP panel and I can’t find the right size of PFD/ND in the 17” LCD
If I fill the window I loose every character in each corner of PFD/ND display just like in the picture attached below

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much

Best

Enrico
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

iwik

Re: Problem sizing PFD/ND on 17” LCD and skalarki MIP panel

Post by iwik »

Hi,
Please read chapter 5.6 of installation guide. Just put your mouse on a corner and pull to wanted size. Make sure it is not locked. Right click gives you the options.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Les

maddoc

Post by maddoc »

iwik wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:12 am
Hi,
Please read chapter 5.6 of installation guide. Just put your mouse on a corner and pull to wanted size. Make sure it is not locked. Right click gives you the options.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Les
Hi,
I read that chapter , I did exactly as you wrote and as explained in che chapter , but the result is the picture shown above.
I can’t reach a correct position without loosing characters at each corner of the screen window.....it seems the PFD/ND has not the good proportion to fit correctly in the MIP Panel Window

pe_martin

Post by pe_martin »

Hallo!
Please read the chapter correct like iwik told you! You can change the position for every display where ever you want.
I and other have done it many times.
Have you seen that you can display it without any frame?
best regards
peter

maddoc

Post by maddoc »

pe_martin wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:10 am
Hallo!

Have you seen that you can display it without any frame?
best regards
peter
Off course I saw it
I read the chapter and I can assure I follow precisely every indication , but in my case it’s impossible to fill the entire mip panel window with the software PFD or ND window .
when I reach the maximum dimension possible for PFD or Nd (without loosin any PFD or ND characters) it doesn’t fill the MIP panel window so I see a part of my desktop background....so I don’t want to see the W10 desktop background color I have to set it in black color
Perhaps my question at the beginning was not very clear
(I’m not totally new to home cockpit world .....I’m coming to jeheel airbus cockpit after serveral years of B738 cockpit running prosim)

Best
Enrico

pe_martin

Post by pe_martin »

Hello Enrico,
all fine! I have only seen your first post and the picture.
But i have had the same problem, the clear and black desktop was the solution.
best regards
peter

maddoc

Post by maddoc »

pe_martin wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:09 pm
Hello Enrico,
all fine! I have only seen your first post and the picture.
But i have had the same problem, the clear and black desktop was the solution.
best regards
peter
Thank you Peter
Are u using a 4:3 17” or a 16:9” for your PFD and ND ?

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

I guess, that maddoc meant the little issue, that the drawn informations of the PFD/ND are not sizing in exact relation to the "frame", depending if you are sizing at the frame corners.
@maddoc: it´s a matter of try and error to fit the screens to your like (or to the cutoffs in the mip). I have also blacked out the desktop and hided the frame. But also in reality the screens don´t have the exact size of the MIP cutoffs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bernd

P3D V5 - PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, M2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA

maddoc

Post by maddoc »

bbruechmann wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:58 am
I guess, that maddoc meant the little issue, that the drawn informations of the PFD/ND are not sizing in exact relation to the "frame", depending if you are sizing at the frame corners.
@maddoc: it´s a matter of try and error to fit the screens to your like (or to the cutoffs in the mip). I have also blacked out the desktop and hided the frame. But also in reality the screens don´t have the exact size of the MIP cutoffs.
Yeah exactly you understood me perfectly well
Thank you so much 👍👍

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

I have sized my screens with the priority to edge expansion at the top and at the bottom to fit into the cutout. This will end up that you have little space on left and right side, but thats like in the real ac. You can see on my pic that there are small additonal frames left and right of the screen, which come from the screen unit itself which can be pulled out of the mip for maintainance. You could add some thin plastic sheet stripes with a width arround 7mm to close the gap between the MIP cutout and the drawn screen graphic to have a similar look like in reallife airbus.
Bernd

P3D V5 - PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, M2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA