No Liftoff!

Ask here for software oriented support
michael1508

No Liftoff!

Post by michael1508 »

Since version B57 during takeoff the nose is going up but the plane does not lift off, causing tailstrike.
Going back to version B55, which I used before the update to B57, all works fine.

What I noticed: during the Flight Control check on the corresponding ECAM page I see all but the outer elevator arrows showing up without moving the sidestick. I believe, in older versions, the arrows only go up on moving the sidestick. Now on moving the sidestick only the outer arrow goes up. Is this normal?

Bernd gave the tip to update Windows, which I did. What else could be the issue? Simpatcher?
How can I check, if I have the correct simpatcher version and that it is running?

Thanks,
Michael
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
balu69

Re: No Liftoff!

Post by balu69 »

When starting the P3D and JeeHell A320, the speed brakes are active. I have to activate them first and then deactivate them again only then are they retracted.
Is this maybe the solution?
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
Soarbywire

Post by Soarbywire »

I would ensure the aircraft is in the correct state first (e.g. parking brakes set) and save to default, prior to starting Jeehell FMGS.
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

balu69 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:04 pm When starting the P3D and JeeHell A320, the speed brakes are active. I have to activate them first and then deactivate them again only then are they retracted.
Is this maybe the solution?
I too experience this sometimes and then do the same. So this is not the issue.
Soarbywire wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:37 pm I would ensure the aircraft is in the correct state first (e.g. parking brakes set) and save to default, prior to starting Jeehell FMGS.
I will check later, what happens, if I start the JL client on the P3D PC later (I am using Simstarter NG, which already has a time buffer in it). However, I doubt, this is the issue, as the start up routine worked before all the time. So the question is, what changed in version B57?? Or what could get messed up during the update? I was reading similar problems, where the simpatcher version was the root cause. I would appreciate, if someone could help me figure out, if I am using the right simpatcher version.
Regards
Michael

michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Soarbywire wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:37 pm I would ensure the aircraft is in the correct state first (e.g. parking brakes set) and save to default, prior to starting Jeehell FMGS.
It looks like this was indeed the missing point!

I have defined a default flight with Jeehell engines off. Now the last 2 flights I could lift off. I hope, it stays that way but would call "all clear" for now.

Not sure, if there is an easier way, but in order to get Jeehell into engines off mode, I have started P3D with another plane (Bravo Mooney), turned the engines off on that plane, than loaded Jeehell FMGS. FMGS Airbus is then automatically loading with engines off, too.
This is a nice sideeffect, as I previously always started P3D with Jeehell engines running and had to start the FMGS server first to turn the engines off.

Thank you very much for the hint! Also need to say big thanks to Bernd, who supported me on- and offline!
Regards
Michael