Seatbelt signs sound and display

Ask here for software oriented support
michael1508

Seatbelt signs sound and display

Post by michael1508 »

Hi all,

When I tun on the seatbelt signs on ground, I hear the ding dong and see the status message on the ECAM.

But when I turn off the seatbelts after climb, I usually don't hear the ding dong anymore.

Same during approach. At least, when I turn them on in the early descent phase, I don't see anything on the ECAM and don't hear anything.
However display and sound automatically come up later during approach without me doing anything. I couldn't figure out the exact trigger point in the flight phase.

Can anyone share more light on this?

Thanks
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
balu69

Re: Seatbelt signs sound and display

Post by balu69 »

Hi Michael
Can it be that you only switch the seat belts to "Auto"? This switch has OFF - AUTO - ON positions.
So far everything is working fine for me.
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Stephan,

That’s a great catch! I need to check my Skalarki configuration.

However you‘ve just made me aware, that I have build in a wrong switch. Mine has only On/Off. I have probably misinterpreted the labels on the signs panel and thought, the Auto position only applies for the No Smoking switch.

Some work for me now, but thanks for the hint!
Regards
Michael

balu69

Post by balu69 »

You're welcome.
another question - did you assemble your overhead panel yourself? one of scalarki?
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Stephan,

Yes, I got all switches, panels, cabels etc from Skalarki and then assembled myself
Regards
Michael