Flight Manager

The place to discuss all third party applications working with/along JeeHell FMGS
Mackenroll

Flight Manager

Post by Mackenroll »

Does anyone use Flight Manager developed by Ramon, can they export in kilograms to the TOPCAT???
bbruechmann

Re: Flight Manager

Post by bbruechmann »

yes! (for both)
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
Mackenroll

Post by Mackenroll »

OK,
I already discovered the weight of the pax in the simbrief was 70.87kg, I changed it to a round number.
thanks Bernd

regards
Capt. PERO

Flight Manager - Issue with Cargo Load

Post by Capt. PERO »

Hi gents,

as I have no access to ProSim I kindly ask you guys to double check this issue or forward this to the developer (no contact found).
When I send the values from SimBrief to TOPCAT it seems that only the amount of PAX will be transfered in the "Cargo Load" section. Correct would be the number of PAX multplied by the PAX baggage weight p.P.

Please see my picture:
FlightManager Issue.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Viele Grüße / with best regards,
Peter

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder
pe_martin

Post by pe_martin »

Hello Peter!
I wrote Ramon (flightmanager-owner) a message with the
problem.
Best regards
Peter
----------------------------------------------
D-AIPB
balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi Peter
If you close the lock in the Topcat, to the left of "Bagage", the import works perfectly.
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

balu69 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:44 pm Hi Peter
If you close the lock in the Topcat, to the left of "Bagage", the import works perfectly.
Thanks. That fixed it.
Peter

Soarbywire

Post by Soarbywire »

I’ve updated a link on the blog and you can now download it at
pe_martin

Post by pe_martin »

Hello! There is Version 1.4 Out.
Best regards
Peter
D-AIPB
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

balu69 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:44 pm Hi Peter
no, sorry, it doesn´t. It takes only the computation with the TopCat internal weight of baggage per PAX in this case.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
Capt. PERO

Flight Manager - Issue "Alternates > 1"

Post by Capt. PERO »

If I select "Alternates" higher then one the FlightManager throws an error.
Setting it back to "Alternates = 1" works like a charme.
AlternatesIssue_1.png
AlternatesIssue_2.png
We validated this with Pete Fuss.
Can someone please forward that into the ProSim Forum (or send Ramon the link to this forum).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter

Capt. PERO

Flight Manager - Feature Request "Monitor"

Post by Capt. PERO »

You may forward this feature request.

Current situation:
For the moment you have to start FlightManager (ensure TOPCAT is closed) and trigger the export to TOPCAT yourself.

Feature request:
If would be great if FlightManager would monitor a specific path for new files, close TOPCAT, import SimBrief Data and restart TOPCAT. This would give a little more automation. The monitor path could point to a folder that have been selected in "SimBrief Downloader". Monitor path has to be set by the user.

In detail:
  1. monitor a user defined folder for new files (*.*) for example by LastWriteTime
  2. wait until new file has been found
  3. kill the process of TOPCAT
  4. import SimBrief Data
  5. Start TOPCAT
Peter

bbruechmann

Re: Flight Manager - Issue "Alternates > 1"

Post by bbruechmann »

Capt. PERO wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:00 am If I select "Alternates" higher then one the FlightManager throws an error.
Setting it back to "Alternates = 1" works like a charme.
Hi Peter, i guess this is correct, because TopCat can handle only 1 alternate.
Regards
Bernd

Capt. PERO

Re: Flight Manager - Issue "Alternates > 1"

Post by Capt. PERO »

bbruechmann wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:26 am Hi Peter, i guess this is correct, because TopCat can handle only 1 alternate.
Thanks Bernd. I would expect that FlightManager imports only 1 Alternate to TOPCAT rather than crashing. This would give the planning option to have more than 1 alternate (as PFPX does).
Peter

pe_martin

Re: Flight Manager - Feature Request "Monitor"

Post by pe_martin »

Hello Peter!
There is a new verion out! (ver. 1.5).
It has the new feature "start runtime" under settings.
Best regards
peter
Capt. PERO wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:56 am You may forward this feature request.

Current situation:
For the moment you have to start FlightManager (ensure TOPCAT is closed) and trigger the export to TOPCAT yourself.

Feature request:
If would be great if FlightManager would monitor a specific path for new files, close TOPCAT, import SimBrief Data and restart TOPCAT. This would give a little more automation. The monitor path could point to a folder that have been selected in "SimBrief Downloader". Monitor path has to be set by the user.

In detail:
  1. monitor a user defined folder for new files (*.*) for example by LastWriteTime
  2. wait until new file has been found
  3. kill the process of TOPCAT
  4. import SimBrief Data
  5. Start TOPCAT
D-AIPB
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Peter,

is there any download link for version 1.5?

Regards Dieter
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
Capt. PERO

Re: Flight Manager - Feature Request "Monitor"

Post by Capt. PERO »

pe_martin wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:48 am Hello Peter!
There is a new verion out! (ver. 1.5).
It has the new feature "start runtime" under settings.
Best regards
peter
Thanks Peter. Very helpful and saves one for click. I am working on "FM-Helper" tool (its a very tiny thing) to further automate this process.
Peter

Capt. PERO

Flight Manager - Issue "Landing Weight"

Post by Capt. PERO »

Gents,

I found another small issue (not a big deal as it will be corrected by TOPCAT).
The Landing Weight should be:

TOW - TripFuel = LDW
Issue FlightManager.png
--

In addition if you set "Start runtime" the menu item changes somehow strange.
See picture. @PeterMartin can you pls forward this? It may make sense to invite him to this forum. ;-)

Great tool!
Peter

Soarbywire

Post by Soarbywire »

pe_martin wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:18 pm Hello! There is Version 1.4 Out.
Best regards
Peter
Hi Peter - do have a link to version 1.5?

Thanks,

Ben
bbruechmann

Re: Flight Manager - Issue "Landing Weight"

Post by bbruechmann »

Capt. PERO wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:03 am Gents,

TOW - TripFuel = LDW

Issue FlightManager.png

--

In addition if you set "Start runtime" the menu item changes somehow strange.
See picture. @PeterMartin can you pls forward this? It may make sense to invite him to this forum. ;-)

Great tool!
Hi Peter, as i have seen, it´s the tripfuel that´s not correct set by FlightManager, because it includes the alternate fuel and extra fuel as i know. But the Tripfuel calculated in the Airbus FMGS is without alternate and extra. Though, the landingweight is may be correct computed, assuming the alternate and extra is substracted from tripfuel and added to the landingweight. But i´am not sure and can´t check right now. I will look at my figures in the evening, but there are limitatons also based on SimBrief, because their fuelmodel is a common non airliner specific as some other values like the weights.
Regards
Bernd

Mackenroll

Post by Mackenroll »

Where can we download version 1.5?
bbruechmann

Re: Flight Manager - Issue "Landing Weight"

Post by bbruechmann »

Capt. PERO wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:03 am Gents,

TOW - TripFuel = LDW
Hi Peter, ok, i have ckecked the figures and found out, that the landing weight calculation by TopCat isn´t right in fact. TopCat calculates with the Take Off fuel and substract this from the TO-weight. That´s not correct, if the TO-fuel contains Reserve and extra and alternate fuel. Flightmanager takes the TripFuel only and substract it from the TOW which is correct.
The Issue of FlightManager i have seen is, that the figure shown as "Trip Fuel (kgs)" is wrong in the GUI. The figure shown in that collum is the TO Fuel in fact.
So the figure should be corrected or the naming needs to be changed into "Take Off Fuel"! @PeterMartin could you pass this over to the dev?
Screenshot205540.jpg
While think about this a little longer, it´s the figure that needs to be corrected. If FlightManager takes the Trip Fuel only in this coloum and passes this to TopCat as the real Trip Fuel, the calculation of the LDW should be correct in TopCat.
Regards
Bernd

balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi Bernd
From my point of view, TOPCAT calculates correctly (at least if the correct TripFuel according to the SIMBrief is in the "Trip Fuel" field).
he calculates the ZFW plus the "Fuel on Board" minus "Taxi Fuel" gives the TOW and this minus the "Trip Fuel" gives the LDW. Just like it says in the SIMBrief.
the problem is that the flight manager takes the wrong trip fuel from the SIMBrief and this has to be adjusted manually in each case in TOPCAT.
or am I, since I'm definitely not a professional, wrong with my thoughts?
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
Metall4You

Post by Metall4You »

Hello

Welcome to the Forum. i am the developer of FlightManager. adjusted the changes. please let me know if you have any questions, thank you

Greetings Ramon
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

balu69 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:53 pm Hi Bernd
From my point of view, TOPCAT calculates correctly (at least if the correct TripFuel according to the SIMBrief is in the "Trip Fuel" field).
he calculates the ZFW plus the "Fuel on Board" minus "Taxi Fuel" gives the TOW and this minus the "Trip Fuel" gives the LDW. Just like it says in the SIMBrief.
the problem is that the flight manager takes the wrong trip fuel from the SIMBrief and this has to be adjusted manually in each case in TOPCAT.
or am I, since I'm definitely not a professional, wrong with my thoughts?
Hi Stephan, i think you´re absolute right. That´s exactly what i tried to say in my last line of my post. FlightManager needs to take the Trip Fuel instead of the TO-fuel and pass this to TC.
Regards
Bernd