FDS MCDU does not start up

Ask here for software oriented support
Aron

FDS MCDU does not start up

Post by Aron »

Hello everybody

At the moment I´m trying to get a FDS Sim (USB version) up and running with JeeHell.

Most things are working fine, but I can´t get the MCDUs displays working. They seem not to be lighting up, indeed their keyboards and LEDs around the display are working fine.

Does anybody have experience with FDS Flight Sims in general?

Best Regards
Aron
balu69

Re: FDS MCDU does not start up

Post by balu69 »

Hello Aron
What kind of MCDU do you have? Did you connect the display to the PC using an HDMI or VGA cable?
Then you have to install MCDU during installation and you can "drag" the display onto your display
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
Aron

Post by Aron »

Thanks for your reply. I am using the FDS MCDU with USB and VGA connection.
The MCDU softwarewise in JeeHell works fine.

Hardwarewise it works fine as well, with a testing software i can trigger the physical display on, and all bittons are recognised.

My problem is, that JeeHell does not trigger the physical MCDU display to On. It is not showing a black Screen, but it is simply not switched on.
Aron

Post by Aron »

Update of the situation: For testing purpose I installed the Version 57 instead of 61. Selecting once more in the process FDS New Module. Out of nothing when starting the IIT creator, the displays were activated, as I would expect them to do and starting up the Sim I finally could use the MCDUs.
As in this version I couldn't use my already created hardware catalogue files for Overhead etc, I installed Version 60. First it worked well, but out of nothing it stopped working again.

In the end, I completely reset the whole PC back to factory status and installed Version 57 again, and I could not reproduce this behaviour. The displays won't be physically lit up.

So all in all, after 8 hours straight trying everything, I am at the same point, I was before.

I hope anybody can find a clue, how to solve this issue...
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Try this DLL:
https://www.jeehell.org/JeeHell_IIT_v2.dll
(keep the old one safe, outside of hardware connect folder)
Regards,
Jean Luc
Aron

Post by Aron »

Hello Jean Luc

Thank you so much, now it is working with the new .dll