A320 Complete Sim advice

The place to discuss non support related software stuff (new features requests, explanation on functionalities)
wsuch

A320 Complete Sim advice

Post by wsuch »

Hi All

A friend was lucky enough to buy a complete 320 sim that some guy built, its a complete cockpit in a shell with full hardware its pretty amazing. It is using JEEHELL FMGS on P3D V4.5 Professional and it all lights up and partially works but have no clue how to go in and rectify anything thats not functioning. Very complicated from a software perspective and we assume its configured with a bunch of scripts. I was expecting a GUI based configuration application, the gentleman that built this has since past so taken all that configuration knowledge with him

It has a PC for the instructor station and a Beefy PC to run P3D on the 3 Projectors, its a bit confusing though as the plane only moves on the P3D on the instructor station and does not move on the Projector PC, must be some configuration to have the P3D on the Projector PC the master, Im wondering if it would just be easier to image the drive and start again from a complete fresh software build. I did see the open cockpit app and the hardware cards, am I on the right track that I would check and reconfigure hardware with Sioc Creator, thanks for any advice anybody can offer. Fairly complex tasks with no experience in this type of hardware and software

Thanks
Wayne
Soarbywire

Re: A320 Complete Sim advice

Post by Soarbywire »

I'm not too sure which instructor station you are using (Jeehell Professional IOS?) but any kind of server-client interfacing requires FSUIPC, or the network modules of Jeehell (WideFMGS).

When you install FMGS you need to set which computer is the server, and which are the clients.

Make sure you run 'configure.exe' on each computer to ensure the setup and ip addresses are correct.
wsuch

Post by wsuch »

Soarbywire wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:27 am I'm not too sure which instructor station you are using (Jeehell Professional IOS?) but any kind of server-client interfacing requires FSUIPC, or the network modules of Jeehell (WideFMGS).

When you install FMGS you need to set which computer is the server, and which are the clients.

Make sure you run 'configure.exe' on each computer to ensure the setup and ip addresses are correct.
Hi

Thanks for your reply, the instructor station is running Project Magenta, well work it out might be easier to take an image of the Client and Server PC and start from scratch that way starting from a clean slate

Cheers
Wayne
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

please, list the hardware, brand, and how it is interfaced. A button is wired on an opencockpit master card, or the FCU is a closed box with a USB port.....
on each PC make a plan of the interconnection of the equipment, give the content of the starter.ini files located under \A320FMGS\
also the jeehellware.txt file under D:\A320FMGS\Hardware Modules where the opencockpit cards are plugged in....
here, our structure
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12vxJ1i ... sp=sharing
regards
gilles
Soarbywire

Post by Soarbywire »

wsuch wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:03 am
Soarbywire wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:27 am I'm not too sure which instructor station you are using (Jeehell Professional IOS?) but any kind of server-client interfacing requires FSUIPC, or the network modules of Jeehell (WideFMGS).

Hi

Thanks for your reply, the instructor station is running Project Magenta, well work it out might be easier to take an image of the Client and Server PC and start from scratch that way starting from a clean slate

Cheers
Wayne
I don't think Project Magenta's IOS is completely compatible with Jeehell FMGS. If you must use an IOS you might want to try Instructor Station by Luis Gordo (https://soarbywire.com/fmgs-resource/) ; native Jeehell IOS (with failures) is only available for commercial users.