Limiting Frames - best practise?

The place to discuss non support related software stuff (new features requests, explanation on functionalities)
michael1508

Limiting Frames - best practise?

Post by michael1508 »

Hi all,

There are already plenty of discussions in the various forums. However most of the provided advice is appying for standard users with a single monitor setup, or multiple monitor setup with the option to set a different refresh rate (30hz).

As most of us are using a multi projector setup this does not really help. At least my projectors only allow 60hz, so any tips on vSync do not apply. And recommended tools, like RTSS appear to be not working in a multi monitor setup.

So I wonder, which is the best practise for limiting frames in a multi projector setup - with P3Dv5?
- within the sim?
- NCP?
- NI?
- not limiting at all?

How do you guys are handling this?
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
dkreiskott

Re: Limiting Frames - best practise?

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Michael,

based on my hardware (3x55 inches with NV 4080 Super) the following statement. My displays can only do 60Hz, so I locked the frames to 60 in P3D and Vsync is turned on.
This meant I was able to get a smooth display without any micro-stutters. The whole thing works for me too, although I have since switched to 3x 4k display. I don't use any other tools for the graphics card!
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder