3 little freeware tools

Discuss here other tools you use in relation to JeeHell FMGS.
Skino

3 little freeware tools

Post by Skino »

Hello,
I am Skino (Peter) from Germany. I have developed 3 small freeware tools for FMGS. I don't fly an Airbus myself and I don't know FMGS very well but I like programming and on suggestion of Sim buddies I developed this software.
I program in VB Net, currently in the version VB2022 and use the ingenious FSUIPCClient.DLL from Paul Henty, which makes everything really much easier.

The first tool is older, an ARDIRS version including Arduino hardware:
Simulates the ADIRS including connection to an Arduino for realistic simulation of this function and implementation as hardware.

https://youtu.be/-2xP_9D5TT0

The next tool is PIECe, Passenger inflight entertainment center

A passenger map of the current flight as usual in airliners.
Shows flight data and 2 different maps. If you wish with automatic switching between the maps.
Currently about 80 percent finished.
With connection to the Corte Manager from Cpt Pero and my flyBook.
The GUI is currently only in German, but a switch to English is already in the works.

https://youtu.be/3c9xcPG-jmA

The third tool is a bit more elaborate. flyBook

The attempt to create an electronic flight bag in Airbus style. With all the functions that seemed so important to me.
Since I have no information about real Airbus FlightBags a pure fantasy product. With interfaces to my PIECe system and the Corte Manager from Cpt Pero.
At the moment about 60 percent finished.

https://youtu.be/CRLJwDJo2lA

iwik

Re: 3 little freeware tools

Post by iwik »

Thanks Peter and very much appreciated.
BR
Les

Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

Great job Skino!
:D :D :D
New version of corteManager4JH will be available soon (after some tests). The new version will create an export file with the current flight information that will be auto imported by PIECe and display the current flight for your guests. Nice one to have it on the FO tablet during flight.
Viele Grüße / with best regards,
Peter

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Skino

Post by Skino »

Thank you. Great news. For my part, I have finished linking to your fantastic Cortemanager. This weekend I will put the PIECe and the flyBook online for download for interested JeeHell users.

pete_fuss

Post by pete_fuss »

Hi,
I am one of the users of ADIRs and a beta tester of Skino's other programs. I'm bringing this thread back to the top,
because I think these little freeware tools make the cockpit or home cockpit a little more realistic.
I'm looking forward to the publication and have fun with it.

regards Pete
Regards Pete
and always three greens

Beaufort

Post by Beaufort »

Hi Skino,
looks great! Can one already download PIECe?
Regards
Rainer
Regards
Rainer

Skino

Post by Skino »

The download has been delayed a bit because some new features have been added. The tool can now be fully customized to your favorite airline.

Skino

Post by Skino »

I finally found the time to create the download. You can find it here:
https://1fichier.com/?qsx467ulnc98dd33pc8h

(The hoster of course advertises a paid subscription but you can download the data for free :D )

The program is customizable to your favorite airline simply by replacing some images in the LOGOS folder.

There are 3 examples in the SKINS folder. The own files must have the same name and the same file type (.JPG) to be recognized. Size and resolution do not matter.

After the first start you have to set the path to your Corte file in the settings.
The program will then always load the latest flight from the Corte file. Of course, any other flight can be selected and favorites can be created.

If the program reports an update at startup, it can be loaded and installed via Updater. The previous version is saved as -_EX and can be restored by renaming it to .EXE if necessary.

INFLIGHT.EXE is the program file, _UPDATER.EXE the updater and INFLIGHT._XE the backup of the previous version.

If an airport is not recognized by the program or is incorrectly named or written, this can be changed via the file ICAO.TXT. Open it with a text editor and make the desired changes. Simply add new airports to the end.

The program is still mostly in German, but a simple translation is already partially implemented in the setup. This will be further developed in the next updates.

The program does not need to be installed. Just unpack somewhere and start it. Must run on a PC where Fsuipc or WideFS are running and is therefore network compatible.

The 2 most important hotspots can be seen here:

If you get error messages at the first start (because paths are not set yet, data is not found or similar) please click on " Weiter" in the error message. At the 2nd start the errors should not come anymore.
The program loads the current flight directly after the start and calls the setup menu automatically. Please give the program a few seconds until the map appears. Only then interact with the program.

The program is freeware and will remain so. I have created it as carefully as I can. Of course I can not be held responsible for any damage.
Because it was created in VB.NET it comes with some virus scanners to false alarms. The version in the download was checked by my local virus scanner and several online virus scanners.

Have fun with it. If you have questions or problems just write here, I will try to help.
Peter

agbabba

Post by agbabba »

I appreciate that you do programming. even without a320 knowledge.... When do you expect flybook will be ready?
I would really like to test your flybook application..
At the moment I work with navigraph, FS flight control und simbrief und Cortemanager

Skino

Post by Skino »

I still have a lot to do on the program but I can send you the current version, which is still in an early stage of development.