TOD/TOC indication

Ask here for software oriented support
bbruechmann

TOD/TOC indication

Post by bbruechmann »

Hello JL,
i want to let you know, that in the new build the TOD indicator arrow has returned to be visible again on the ND. As i have seen it was visible on every leg (arround 14 or 15) i´ve made so far with the new build. The only issue left is that it´s seems not variable. In case i change the flight profile by set the target altitudes on the decent path much lower at specific WP, as they where computed by the FMGS before start the flight, the indicator on the ND schould move closer to the actual aircraft postion on the ND. but it doesn´t. What ever you´ve done to bring it back, it seems you´re on the right way. But the functionality of a floating TOD, based on the actual or updated computations is essentially needed.

The TOC indicator is still fluctuating. Sometimes it appears sometimes not or it disappears of you set a new FL on the FCU.
Last edited by bbruechmann on Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
michael1508

Re: TOD/TOC indication

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Bernd,

The moving TOD arrow was working for me. I have tested this on 2-3 flights now. After having entered a lower target altitude for one of the descent waypoints the TOD arrow was coming closer.

I've made moderate changes on the altitude (i.e. from 5500 to 5000 feet). Not sure, if there is a difference, when making significant adjustments. What do you mean by setting to "much lower" altitude. If you provide me your test scenario, I am happy to verify on my side.
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

michael1508 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:12 pm What do you mean by setting to "much lower" altitude. If you provide me your test scenario, I am happy to verify on my side.
Hi Micha,
my TOD indicator seems nailed on it´s position.
Try the following usual procedure what we have learned from Captain Ingo:
What if you have a Transition in your MCDU Flightplan, lets say KERAX 3A for RW 25 C at EDDF. The TOD will be calculated based on the whole way of the transition via DF408-DF411-DF416 and then via DF426 to the final. But we should be prepared to get a shortcut at KERAX direct to DF426, what happen often in real life.
To prevent from NOT being too high and too fast then, the advanced A320 Pilot take the FP in the MCDU and delete all WP of the transition between KERAX and DF426. Then, while these changes are stay NOT confirmed to update the FP (the TempFP stays in yellow) you will see the new target altitude at WP KERAX you would need to be at, if you direct to final from there.(it will be much lower) You take this altitude in mind and cancel the temporary changes you have made to FP that it is green again. Then you enter this new altitude as a new ALT Constraint into the MCDU at WP KERAX. This should bring your TOD way more earlier as it was before, which is immanent for decent preperaton.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Bernd,

I flew your scenario - EDDL to EDDF and also the leg back to EDDL. And I have mixed results.

First leg into EDDF the TOD arrow worked like a charm. The initially calculated TOD point was at DF408. After deleting all WP between KERAX and DF426 the TOD arrow moved to ~20nm before KERAX.

However, on the way back to EDDL 23R DOMUX approach (with FMGS continously running in EDDF), I entered a lower ALT for DOMUX from 6500 to 5000 ft. But in this case the TOD arrow didn't change.

So it's still a strange behaviour. Not sure, why it didn't work for me on this leg, and not sure, why it didn't work for you on the EDDF approach.

It would be great, if others can share their experience too to help narrowing down on this issue!
Regards
Michael

jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

depending on other constraints, this could be you're in a geometric descent phase and changing the CSTR will not move the TOD.
Regards,
Jean Luc
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Jean Luc, I thought about that too.

But DOMUX CSTR is 5000ft, I believe. So I assume, it should be possible to sink to 5000ft. Or could it be, that there are other CSTR kicking in?
Regards
Michael

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

jeehell wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:50 pm depending on other constraints, this could be you're in a geometric descent phase and changing the CSTR will not move the TOD.
yes, got it, but it´s anyway not allowed to put a value for the alt-constraint at a specific WP lower than an already defined constraint from database, if it´s an "at or above" constraint. Though we wouldn´t do this. But we talk here about a procedure which is usually done right after you have reached the cruise altitude. Latest this should have been done before the normal decent preparation at 80 mi before TOD.
But there is also still the issue of the blue TOC arrow not showing up on ND. Sometimes it shows, but if you change the target altitude in the FCU when you got you next step climb, it disappears completely.

It is somewhat better, as it was in the last several builds, where the TOD arrow wasn´t shown at all. Whatever you may have done since then, let assume your on the right trace.
Regards
Bernd