pero | corteManager4JeeHell

The place to discuss all third party applications working with/along JeeHell FMGS
Capt. PERO

pero | corteManager4JeeHell

Post by Capt. PERO »

This tool can import Company Routes from different formats into JeeHell FMGS. In addition it can trigger the NAVDATA Rebuild process.

For more details visit my website:
https://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=1725

Viele Grüße / with best regards,
Peter

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder
DocFlying

Re: pero | corteManager4JeeHell

Post by DocFlying »

Hi everybody and first of all thanks to Capt.Pero for this great tool and for offering it for free, I tried it in my system (with p3D, JeeHell, VoxATC, FSUIPC and FSC9 in a network of 4 PCs) and it mainly does what the handbook describes. But instead of showing the current AIRAC-cycle at the bottom of the main window it allways shows the message "Error reading NavDB.bin!" in a red bar. All paths are set correctly, the same AIRAC-cycle is available for P3D (Level-D Simulations) and for JeeHell in the correct folders there are no network issues because evrything else is running perfect and all other tools show the same and correct AIRAC-cycle. I rebuilt the bin-files with the jeehell-server several times but the error massage still shows up. I can import all flightplans from either P3D or FSC9 and validating them with the AIRAC shows no fails but all in green bars. The only problem is that i can't load any of my PILRTEs in the MCDU allthough they are listed on the DATA A/C-status-page in the correct number of PILRTEs.
Has anyone any clue what is going wrong?
Thanks for any kind of comments.
Uli
Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

Hi Uli. Thanks for your feedback! Much appriciated.
I am not using PIL only unsing CO Routes, therefor no idea.
Peter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Peter, as it apears the days for my PFPX come to an end, because of the missing AIRAC updates, i have already played a little with simbrief. The issue is, if i try to import the FP from simbrief with corteManager it won´t be imported due to the message "the wp xy is not in the database..." Well, actually i have no actual AIRAC in simbrief and the WP where cM is struggling with are SID/STAR data, which may differe. But anyway, wouldn´t it be better if the simgrief import by corteM would ignore SID/STAR. I prefer to program SID and STAR data manually while preparing the MCDU FP.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

Thanks Bernd. Can you send me an example route that is not imported by corteManager? In general it should be possible to import simBrief.
Peter

Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

bbruechmann wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:28 pm Peter, as it apears the days for my PFPX come to an end, because of the missing AIRAC updates [...]
Appart from the issue you mentioned, where do you have this information that PFPX has missing AIRAC updates? What do you mean?
Cycle 2213 is still available for PFPX.
Peter

Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

bbruechmann wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:28 pm [...] But anyway, wouldn´t it be better if the simgrief import by corteM would ignore SID/STAR. I prefer to program SID and STAR data manually while preparing the MCDU FP.
Just did a quick check and if you set
Settings > "Other Settings" (right bottom) > "Don't save" to "Both" corte Manager does not include SID and STAR into the route.
Peter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Hi Peter,
here is the routing where the NEXE1C was reported as unknown waypoint i. ex.

NEXE1C NEXEN T503 GIMRU MICOS RIMET T157 KERAX KERA1A
Capt. PERO wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:07 am Appart from the issue you mentioned, where do you have this information that PFPX has missing AIRAC updates? What do you mean?
Cycle 2213 is still available for PFPX.
Is it? You use Navigraph i guess, because Aerosoft with their NavDataPro i use, struggling from converting their LIDO data into PFPX format since AIRAC 22/07. As they tell us, it´s becasue the can´t get the nessecary Data from PFPX. In my opinion they just put no real efford in it, because they stopped PFPX support. Well, the way how Aerosoft is acting since MSFS is out, triggers me, to prevent any purchase for the future.

So i have planed to switch over to Navigraph. And you can tell me, that they still provide PFPX data? That would be nice.

But honestly, the discontinued support and development of PFPX puts a shine on Simbrief. It´s start with the outdated airport data of PFPX which are hardly to keep up to date manually one by one etc. Simbrief seems more and more modern and provides other important informations like weather charts, Notams and ATIS data.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

It looks like "NEXE1C" is not a valid SID in the latest AIRAC. Which departure and arrival Airport?
Capt. PERO wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:07 am [...] So i have planed to switch over to Navigraph. And you can tell me, that they still provide PFPX data? That would be nice.
Yes, I am using Navigraph and have nothing heared that they would stop supporting PFPX. I have the yearly subscription with all it and don't bother with AIRAC or chart issues any more. I highly recommand that and this would even give you the opportunity to have everything up to date.
Peter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Capt. PERO wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:28 am It looks like "NEXE1C" is not a valid SID in the latest AIRAC. Which departure and arrival Airport?
Departure was EKCH. That is my guess aswell, that it´s because of the not actual SID. It just raised my mind, if it wouldn´t be better choice if corteM would just ignore SID/STAR data at import, like it does with PFPX import.
Regards
Bernd

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Capt. PERO wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:55 am Just did a quick check and if you set
Settings > "Other Settings" (right bottom) > "Don't save" to "Both" corte Manager does not include SID and STAR into the route.
This is set to "both" always on my setup, because i don´t want them in my upload to the FMGS. But it seems this setting isn´t working for simbrief import or it just can´t seperate the SID/STAR from normal WP.
My understanding is, if "ignore SiD/STAR" is activated corteM should import the routing only with WP and Airways, which works well with PFPX import but not with simbrief import.
Regards
Bernd

Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

Hi Bernd,

he does import a route string. This can be with SID/STAR or without. The software then checks every item to detect if its either a SID/STAR/WP or whatever. If an item does not match to anything the item will be reported and the route is invalid. I have no idea to identify a SID/STAR item if I cannot match it with anything. SimBrief does not seperate SID/STAR in a dedicated field but adds it to the route string as you mentioned above.

Sorry, but for the moment no idea to help, accept you bring all software to the same AIRAC.
Peter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

He Peter i really appreciate you efford. Meanwhile i have subscribed today into Navigraph and took a look into the charts app and so on. I ask myself why i have not done that way earlier. The handling and intuitive GUI of Navigraph is way much better as Aerosofts. Now i have also the AIRAC up to date in simbrief and exspect it will work flawless now with corteM.
Regards
Bernd

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Hi Peter, just to let you know, with the actual AIRAC of Navigraph no problem to import simbrief FPL into corteM.
Regards
Bernd

Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

bbruechmann wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:55 pm Hi Peter, just to let you know, with the actual AIRAC of Navigraph no problem to import simbrief FPL into corteM.
Thanks Bernd. I think this was good investment! But funny enough I found out, that corteManager does NOT save SID/STAR with simBrief if you want it to save... This will be fixed with the next update.
Peter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Anyway, i have played arround yesterday with the right settings, and i keep the handling in corteM like it worked with PFPX export. Though i use the FMSDownloader of simbrief to feed corteM with a FPL in VATSIM (sfp) format, to keep the monitoring Mode of corteM active. This works well and the route gets loaded into corteM and in addition it´s put the FPL into P3D which triggers also the load into AktiveSky with the actual FPL.
In fact, the Simbrief import of CorteM is not immanent.
When i create a new FPL in Simbrief now the Downloader notice this, and export automaticly the FPL into P3D, AktiveSky and CorteM and update the corte.xml
Regards
Bernd

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Capt. PERO wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:25 am Thanks Bernd. I think this was good investment!
Absolutely! I wasn´t aware, that Navigraph even updates the fairly old Database of TOPCAT, wow. Now i have the actual RW data for performance caculations etc. Aerosoft doesn´t provide those for nearly the same pricelevel and the Charts-App is much much better too. :D
Regards
Bernd

balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi Peter
In the meantime I have also discovered your freeware and thank you very much for it.
I have two questions:
- it is possible that the CostIndex is also imported from the Simbrief
- meanwhile we can import the flight plan directly from Simbrief into the MCDU of the JeeHell. How is it in real life? Everything works via CompanyRoute. Do you know that?
Many Thanks
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
Buford

Post by Buford »

@Bernd
By the risk that it is going to be off topic:
How do you solve the problem to load the bus and calculate the takeoff performance data depending on the correct TOW when planning with SimBrief?
The only reason I (and, as I know, many others) still use the combo of PFPX and TOPCAT is, that one only has to insert (or let the program randomly insert) the number of PAX and amount of cargo and PFPX transfers the correct weight data from that to both P3D and TOPCAT, including the fuel calculated with the real actual weather conditions. As for both PFPX and TOPCAT no future development seems to be expected, I fear, as you said, their lifetime could be limited. Any solution to have similar options to plan the performance data and transfer fuel and weight to the Sim when planning with SimBrief would be highly appreciated.
See you in the skies…
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Buford wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:40 am How do you solve the problem to load the bus...
Hi Buford, i have a little tool it´s called "Flightmanager" which imports the weights & balance data from Simbrief into Topcat. Though it works for me the same way as you hit the Export to Topcat button of PFPX. The rest, like upload the data from Topcat into Jeehell FMGS works in the same way via the FSUIPC export.

https://www.simflight.de/simbrief-und-t ... rheiraten/

Now, after i switched over from Aerosoft Navdata to Navigraph, imho Topcat stays fully useable for the caclculations, because Navigraph is able to update the Topcat internal Database for all Airport and Runway related informations. Though, the calculations by topcat itself will stay usable, because the Program is complete actually. What should be "updated" else in Topcat if the formulas for the Performance calculations are just right already. Yes, aircraft profiles are not updated, but i don´t need other profiles, rather than that one for the A320-214 i have in use. ;)
Regards
Bernd

Buford

Post by Buford »

Hi Bernd, wonderful, THX for declaration!
See you in the skies…
Buford

Post by Buford »

bbruechmann wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:09 pm
Buford wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:40 am How do you solve the problem to load the bus...
i have a little tool it´s called "Flightmanager" ...
any idea?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
See you in the skies…
balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi
did you create a flight plan in the SimBrief (Generate Flight) and is it viewable in the "Dispatch History"?
https://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpre ... rheiraten/
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
Buford

Post by Buford »

Affirmative
See you in the skies…
balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi Peter
Many thanks for the practical tool.
it's a pity that the cost index (CI) is not taken from the SimBrief.
Can you adapt/add to this?
Many many thanks
Stephan

Vielen Dank für das praktische Tool.
Schade, dass der Costindex (CI) nicht aus dem SimBrief übernommen wird.
Kannst Du dies anpassen/ergänzen?
Vielen herzlichen Dank
Stephan
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google