Windows: "Error occured during run of profile..."

Ask here for software oriented support
michael1508

Windows: "Error occured during run of profile..."

Post by michael1508 »

Hi guys,

After having issues with the above windows error message, I have reinstalled the P3D pc from scratch.

But I still receive that error message. In full: "Error occured during run of profile 'D-AKMG-JL': ...and then in German (translated) "...an element with the same key has already been added"). :cry:

The message refers to Skalarki Profiler, but it's generated by Windows. Could it be, that this is somehow .Net related??

I used to have this error some years ago a few times. It then disappeard without any conscious action...

Anyone else who has seen this and can give some advise?

Thanks!
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
jeehell
Site Admin

Re: Windows: "Error occured during run of profile..."

Post by jeehell »

that is a question best for Marcin...
Regards,
Jean Luc
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

I don’t think it has sth to do with Skalarki.
I suspect Windows...
Regards
Michael

Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

I agree to Jean-Luc. I would ask Marcin in this case.
Viele Grüße / with best regards,
Peter

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Hi Michael, i agree to JL an CptPero. This errormessage is related to the USB devices, which are identyfied and migrated by Windows with their driver and hardware identifications. It seems for some reason, that two or more USB devices use the same migration id. This can happen especially with Skalaki modules, because every single one is an own USB device.
It could help to reset the whole USB line by disconnect all devices, disconnect the USB hubs and put their power off for a Minute at least and power off the USB connectors of your motherboard. There is a setting in the bios of your MB which turns power of USB connectors completely off when the PC is shut down. By default the USB devices stay under power even if the PC is off, which often causes trouble with large number of devices managed by the PC.
But it seems there is a little issue with the Skalarki USB drivers, where one at least is shown as using an ID which is already used by another device. In my setup it´s the Overhead driver.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Bernd,

Thank you for sharing more light on this! That's really helpful and could indeed be the root cause.
I did not suspect Skalarki, as it was working stable all the time now and no changes were done on the Profiler, nor on the Skalarki hardware.

Meanwhile I have checked the USB Device ID's with USB Device Tree viewer but they seem to be all unique. However in the Windows Device Manager I have several Skalarki devices, which are "not migrated". The Overhead and also a few others.

I am planning to exchange the PSU for the PC anyway and will in that context look for the USB power settings.

Did you already reach out to Marcin on this topic, so I can relate to it? And how did you fix your "not migrated" Overhead? Or is this still an issue?

Thanks a ton!
Regards
Michael

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

michael1508 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:28 am And how did you fix your "not migrated" Overhead? Or is this still an issue?
It is still not migrated, but it doesn´t cause issues so far, yet. This could be prevented in my setup, because i´ve set all USB to be really powerless when the cockpit is shut down.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Michael,

I know this Problem, it can ba caused by the Profile you start. Ifyou dont have only Plug and Play Components from Marcin you must check the Profile with Notepad++
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Thanks guys, I will look into it next week, as I am out this weekend
Regards
Michael

michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

I have checked the BIOS settings - USB power was already disabled to my surprise.
However, after reconnecting all USB devices I received an error message about USB controller not having enough resources. And I could see in the Profiler, that one of ACP's didn't connect. So I plugged the full USB hub, which the ACP was connected to, to another port and since then it is running stable now for more than an hour with Cockpit fully fired up.

Not sure, if it was the simple power off action or the port change or both. Most important, it's running now again!! And should it give me trouble agian, I guess, I know now where I have to look at.

Thanks again for your great help!
Regards
Michael

michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

I've been too optimistic... :-(

After being at the gate for 1 hour without any issue I wanted to do a flight tonight. But as soon as I am pushing back (I am using Skalarki pushback panel), the error message pops up again.

Maybe the issue is indeed with my profile or with my Profiler settings. All my panels are P&P, except of the OVHD, which was a DIY kit. It could be, that I made some changes there a few weeks ago. Is there any general advise you can give?
I know this Problem, it can ba caused by the Profile you start. Ifyou dont have only Plug and Play Components from Marcin you must check the Profile with Notepad++
@Dieter, do you mean, just opening and saving the existing profile with Notepad++ ??? Or would I have to recreate my profil from scratch with Notepad?
Regards
Michael

dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Michael,

a long time ago I had exactly the same problem. It was an error in the default profile of Skalarki. If a value should be set according to the profiler, which cannot be set, exactly this happens.
I created my own profiles with a different name and then later compared the original profile with mine via Notepad++ or even WinMerge.

The sections that could possibly cause an error I have deleted and checked, for this I have created a test profile. I did this until I had the error.
Have you downloaded the latest Profiler version, the Plug 'n Play profiles worked for me. However, I do not have everything as PnP. With me, the entire MIP and Glare runs via the Pedestal IO Card.
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Dieter, thank you.
That gives me some hope.

I started yesterday to create a new copy of the default PnP profile with Notepad and Win merge. I used to have my own profile, but edited it with the simple Windows Editor. Now I need to replace all indexes to match the current configuration. I believe I already found a double index., but need to check later.
Regards
Michael

michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

I tested today with a new Skalarki Profile, made in Notepad, but it kept throwing the same error ("element with the same key has already been added"). But meanwhile I could figure out, that it is always occuring after starting the engines.

To circle the error I reduced the xml profile to only the switches I would need for Engine start and deleted all other inputs and outputs. The good news is, now it was working! The engines spooled up without the error message.

BUT! I was monitoring the Profiler window and could see, that as soon as the engines started to spool up, the green connection indicators for Overhead and Refuel panel started to go on and off! On turning off the engines, the connection indicators became stable green again.

So I believe, the root cause for the error is somewhere with the USB connections and not in the xml Profile. I will do further tests tomorrow.

Happy to hear your thoughts!
Regards
Michael

michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

I am carefully optimistic, that I am on the right way with my root cause analysis now.
Step by step I added further inputs and outputs to my profile. After adding the servos for the triple gauge, the error popped up and even my PC was crashing and restarting. Without the servos the profile is running stable. But I still have to add back some more switches.

The flickering of the OVHD connection indicators actually stopped, after I had defined the first output values in the xml file. I believe, this is a software bug within Skalarki Profiler.
Regards
Michael

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

That is interresting, Michael. I also have the suspicion that the Profiler has a bug. It could be that also the issue that the Overhead app of Jeehell is crashing is caused by this bug off the profiler.
Regards
Bernd

Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Did 2 flights after my holidays....profiler always disconnects during flight......I only had Windows 10 updates.

Kind wishes....Mato
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Disconnected all USB devices and finally no more error.
Thanks to all and enjoy your sunday.
Mato
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Bernd, Dieter, all,

Happy to let you know, that I could successfully complete my first flight since ages.

Following your tips I have changed the BIOS to USB power off and I am also taking the PC itself completely off power now after shutdown. Also I have installed a new Skalarki Profile in Notepad++ and corrected a few entries. This was annoying work but I hope, it was worth it.

Thanks again for you help!

Michael
Regards
Michael

michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Back again....

After having a successfull flight yesterday I have retested again today and again the same issue - either error message pop ups or the Jeehell Server PC crashes completely on starting the engines.

So I was thinking, what I had changed compared to yesterday. And the only thing was, that I added Simsounds back to my flight settings. So I tested the engine start up again and again with and without Simsounds. And during the last 10-15 engine test runs I could now 100% reproduce the behaviour:
- with Simsounds acticated AND engine sound activated for the Bass Shaker effect, the error occurs
- with Simsounds activated, BUT engine sound not activated for the Bass Shaker effect, all works stable

So meanwhile I don't think the error has something to do with the Skalarki Profile. It rather looks like this has something to do with Simsounds and the soundcards (I use 2 separate soundcards for engine and bass shaker) being called from different applications.

I know from other Jehell users, that they have running Simsounds successfully. So it might be a specific issue with my network setting or soundcard settings. I haven't tested another soundcard yet for the engine bass shaker config in Simsounds.

But it would be interesting to know, if someone else uses Simsound together with Jehell and TQ connected on a dedicated server pc?
Regards
Michael

Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Hi guys....now I have an FSUIPC error when profiler disconnects....any solution available?
Marcin does not respond in Skalarki forum.
Kind wishes
Mato
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Mato,

IWhat is the error message?
Check, if the FSUIPC SUPPORT is still loaded on the P3D PC and wideFS on the remote pc.

I would recommend to make it an own topic, if it is not the same error message. Just to get more attention to your issue.
Regards
Michael

Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Ok...thanks a lot for your kind reply.
Have a nice weekend
Mato
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

I could finally solve the issue.

It was indeed related to the bass shaker. I have replaced the amplifier and since then everything works stable.
I still don't know, what was wrong with the amplifier, as it has worked all the time before. And i still wonder, how this could affect networked PC to crash.

At least I want to confirm that there is no issue with Simsounds.

Regards,
Michael
Regards
Michael