Systrm error when updating navdata

Ask here for software oriented support
Barrykensett

Systrm error when updating navdata

Post by Barrykensett »

Strange error has crept in. When updating Navdata I run the server to generate the BIN files in the usual way I get error message
“system error borindmm.DLL not found. Reinstalling program may correct”
Well reinstalling FMGS does not fix it.
Anyone got any knowledge to share on this?
I download data from Navigraph.
I am running latest updates to FMGS and v5 of P3D.
Barry Kensett
Barrykensett

Re: Systrm error when updating navdata

Post by Barrykensett »

Sorry I didn’t see the earlier post on this problem before posting.
I will look at the suggestions in the replies to that.
Sometime comforting to know one is not alone!
Barry
LH320

Post by LH320 »

As for a workaround, I installed FMGS Server also on the presentation machine (where P3D is running) and generates the bin files. I have deinstalled FMGS Server after that.
Regards
Stefan

I9-14900KF, RTX4090, P3Dv6, Immersive Display PRO, JH A320 FMGS on a dedicated Server
Barrykensett

Post by Barrykensett »

I tried downloading FMGS with anti virus turned off but on running the missing files were still not there. Tried loading the server on the flight sim PC which loaded the missing files and enabled the server to start. After thirty minutes the BIN files had not compiled. Something still not right.
Barry Kensett
Barrykensett

Post by Barrykensett »

I can see a little more of what us going on here. When I downloaded the latest update I developed difficulties with ILS approaches, speeds and alignment all wrong and stall speed actually increased from flaps 3 to flaps 4. In trying to sort this I deleted and reloaded the new version and my landing problems went away, I did not at that stage update the BIN files.
When I tried to reload the bin files the server would not run because of missing files in the server folder. I therefore reloaded the previous version which put the files in place and then I could start the server in the update and all the happy BIN files came bounding down so I am running on latest Navdata. Most users will not find the missing file issue if they just update FMGS.
However I have now got the ILS landing problems back!
Barry Kensett
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Hi Barry

not too sure about your issues, but a few things:
1. never mix versions, and navdata bin files included. If you change a version, it's always best to recompile the bin files (even if lately there weren't many changes in them)
2. If you have ILS issues, I believe misaligned localizer beams, that is usually a problem in the following file c:\A320FMGS\navdata\FSSCenery.Cfg which does not point to the correct folders for your PC. Post the content here so I can tell.
3. It can also be very helpful to apply Hervé Sors ILS fixes. unfortunately, he only does the job on P3D V4 and earlier, it seems he had some disagreement from LM for P3D V5+...
Regards,
Jean Luc
Barrykensett

Post by Barrykensett »

Jean Luc
Thank you for your interest.
I will go through the issues you raise again but in the meantime I think you will find that update 58.2.1 does not load all the required files in the server folder on the FS computer when using remote server on another PC.
I think the reason not many will find this is that if just updating to latest version does not cause a problem as the Giles are there from previous load. it is only when doing a clean installation which I found and the other contributor to the topic.
Regards
Barry
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Barry, if you use the FMGS on a different Client as dedicated Server, it´s absolutely recommended to build the bin-files on the Simulator PC where P3D is present. Just start only the FMGS-Server-exe with adminrights on that PC where P3D is installed. Once all 11 files are done, close the FMGS_Server and copy the bin´s at least to the client on which you have the FMGS-Server as dedicated Server.

I´am doing it this way for every version and i have no issues so far.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Berry,

as Bernd has already written. Do it on the P3D computer. I have long ago programmed the tool UPDNAV for these cases. This is adapted to the latest versions of JL. With this you can create the *.BGL files on the P3D computer and then distribute them automatically to the rest of the computers.
The download is still available on my website at: https://a320-simulator.de/downloads/

The manual in english and german is included in the ZIP file.
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
Barrykensett

Post by Barrykensett »

Thanks Brenda and Dieter, that is exactly what I do and have been doing successfully for a long time.
There is a new issue however and I have tested again today. Here I am talking about the Flight SIM computer. I removed A320 FMGS completely using Add Remove Programs and then I deleted all remaining files in A320 folder to get a clean start.
I then downloaded again the latest installation software and executed the programme as Admin.
I downloaded again the latest Navigraph data and copied the .dat file into Nav1 and Nav2
I started the server only on the Flight sim computer and got the error message about missing files as raised also by a previous contributor on this subject.
I then downloaded the previous version of FMGS which put the missing files in, I then updated to latest version. I ran the server and the BIN files all generated properly which I copied to the other two computers on the network.
On a test flight the ILS performance is all wrong.
Jean Luc, the .cfg file you referred to is not in my A320FMGS folder, where should it have come from?
Barry
Barrykensett

Post by Barrykensett »

Jean Luc
Looking at some old backup files the FSscenery.cfg is in the Navdata folder. I do not understand why this file is not created when i do a clean re-install. I could update the information in that backup and copy it into my current installation but I am not clear why it us not generated in a fresh load.
Barry
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Berry,

I'm not shure what you do. But I have downloaded the latest version.
Install it on a test machine and I have in navdata folder the file FSscenery.cfg
There is no missing file.
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Berry, it sounds as if an Antivirus or Firewall is blocking or removing some files of the Jeehell FMGS.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
Barrykensett

Post by Barrykensett »

Thanks for your help guys, I will go back to more testing. I turned off the anti virus when downloading. It’s strange that some versions download all the files but latest do not. Your comments are very helpful in that I must look locally for the cause.
I will see what happens if I download into another PC in the office.
Barry
Barrykensett

Post by Barrykensett »

I will close this topic for now, I have tried turning off anti virus and Firewall, downloading to a different computer and copying across and anything else I can think of. I cannot do drastic reloading as I have guest pilots scheduled but I am flying by copying files from saved backups and updating to latest version of FMGS. I may get a break in a few weeks and will return to the issue maybe updating P3D at the same time if I read positive experiences. It’s strange that I should be getting this problem after so many years downloading FMGS. I see I am not alone.
Barry