Weather Radar and P3D V6 VolClouds

Ask here for software oriented support
bbruechmann

Weather Radar and P3D V6 VolClouds

Post by bbruechmann »

Has someone already tried if the weather radar of Jeehell works within V6 with the volumetric clouds? As Damian from HiFi mentioned it should work with the Sim internal API and also with add-on aircrafts which rely on that.
Or does Jeehell rely on the weather snapshots provided by ActiveSky only? Because actually AS can´t show precipitation from VC actually yet. This will be added later once an API for the vol.clouds is provided by SDK
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
jeehell
Site Admin

Re: Weather Radar and P3D V6 VolClouds

Post by jeehell »

The weather radar data comes from active sky only. I have no idea what you mean by internal API here, can you post the link to the hifi forum where that is discussed?
Regards,
Jean Luc
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6357 ... nt=4985930

just in case you have no access to AVSIM...
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Seems with the new feature of V6, that the new athmospehric model and volumetric clouds alow to have local weather with smoothing transitions between, the usage of volumetric clouds becomes more and more interresting. The limitations in V5 by TrueSky prevent me from using vol. clouds at all.
For the new athmosphere and lighting model LM introduced Unreal coding (not the entire engine yet) into P3D, which sounds promising aswell.
Regards
Bernd