Maps and Engine sounds

Ask here for software oriented support
PsychloneZA

Maps and Engine sounds

Post by PsychloneZA »

Good day

A little more assistance required.

With regards to a "Maps not Avail" that appears on the ND's. Is there a way of getting it to clear after ILS alignment? At the moment, it only clears after inputting the "From/To" details under INIT on the MCDU. Or is it supposed to do that?

Also, my sounds are working, like "10 above" etc, and the APU engine sound, however, I don't have any engine sounds, either startup or throttle. I did read through the other thread, but I only have one FMGS A320 vehicle in the aircraft selection on Prepar3D v5. What can I look for?
Regards
Andrew
jeehell
Site Admin

Re: Maps and Engine sounds

Post by jeehell »

Hi

You need to have INIT DEP/ARR airports otherwise IRS don't know how to align.

As for sounds, engine sounds are played by p3d, but are not provided with my software, you need to download/buy third party sounds (I suggest TSS).
Regards,
Jean Luc
PsychloneZA

Post by PsychloneZA »

Hi Jean Luc

Thank you. Slowly getting there in understanding how this works. Right, let me figure out what is going on with the sound.
Regards
Andrew
balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi Jean Luc

With fly-by-wire in MSFS, the map with the waypoints is displayed right from the start of the alignment. With JeeHell only after 7 minutes. when alignment is complete.
Which version is more realistic?
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Jeehell, of course!
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

balu69 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:39 pm Hi Jean Luc

With fly-by-wire in MSFS, the map with the waypoints is displayed right from the start of the alignment. With JeeHell only after 7 minutes. when alignment is complete.
Which version is more realistic?
Hi,
From what I know and information received from A320 pilots. it seems and it is logical that the PLAN mode is not impacted by the fact that the ADIRS is not yet aligned. In fact it's just a map with points entered in the MCDU.
I have already spoken to JEEHELL about it, I suppose that one day it will be implemented in its software,but it's all work.
good sunday to all.
Gilles