ACP pots

General talk on hardware (share experience, ask for advice)
turbovela

ACP pots

Post by turbovela »

I was wondering what pots are people using for the ACP? I’ve found these so far, not sure if they would fit tho.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402209796308

Would I be able to get away with just using buttons for selecting and not using pots for the volume control? Is there a way to control the volume without a pot?

Thanks

Jose

iwik

Re: ACP pots

Post by iwik »

Hi Jose,
Pots should work as as the switch is push on/push off as required for Jeehell software. Just depends on what panel you are
trying to fit the pots to. I am using a very early set of FDS panels and am using pots 9.5mm x 11. Pretty much the size you linked to. They fit with room to spare.
As i was not able to get a switch which lit (real a320) when pressed i just drilled a small hole above the pot and put a white led there.
Pots would be the best way to go.
Hope this helps
Les

turbovela

Post by turbovela »

Thanks Les, do you by any chance have a link to where I can find the pots like the ones you used?

Thanks

Jose

iwik

Post by iwik »

Hi Jose,
The ones i used where only momentary switch. My mistake as FMGS requires a latched switch. I will now have to add some electronics to convert them.
The one you linked to would be ideal as it has the ability to have a closed contact when the switch is pulled. Thus it works like the real a320 one does. All be it not being lit when pulled.
The Alps RK097111202P is a latching switch but only close when pushed not exactly like Airbus but a compromise. These are available from mouser.com
Hope this helps
Les
P,.S Should be log pot or volume.