Adjust tiller asymmetrically

Ask here for software oriented support
balu69

Adjust tiller asymmetrically

Post by balu69 »

Hi JL
The tiller is asymmetrical as far as I can see. In other words, the distance to 10, 30, 50 and 75 degrees is not the same. Assume that is there to be able to steer more sensitively.
Is it a big programming effort for you if the points of the tiller axis can also be defined in the configuration (e.g. with the trim axis, where there is a point for DN4, 0 and UP13.5 and this is also not symmetrical)
Thanks and greetings
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
bbruechmann

Re: Adjust tiller asymmetrically

Post by bbruechmann »

I agree, taht we would really apreciate, if the Tiller axis could have something like a response curve. Actually the Tiller seems acting too much within the lower degrees. It´s actually like if the frontwheel is already at 45 degree when you turn the tiller just some degrees below 10
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Stephan,
hi Bernd,

if I assume that you are using real tillers, then you could replace the linear potentiometer with a logarithmic potentiometer.
So the curve would change and should roughly correspond to the required effect?
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

HI
I 'm reading your post....and am interested in this topic. I too find that the response of the curve is a little violent at the start of the action on the potentiometer. but as proposed by Dieter, I do not think that a logarithmic can work knowing that at rest the potentiometer is normally in the middle of the stroke and that on either side of the stroke the log is not the response to our wish.
The answer, in my opinion, is a course adjustment made by software.
Regards
Gilles
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

or maybe the answer is to leave it like it is, because it is already non linear, and the result is close to the real aircraft.
Regards,
Jean Luc
balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi
I opened a note (no. 0001787) in the JeeHell bugtracker and here is Jean Luc's answer:
This is already done. You don't need to adjust anything. If your tiller is calibrated correctly in fmgs config, output it not linear.
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

gillesaqsim wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:58 pm but as proposed by Dieter, I do not think that a logarithmic can work knowing that at rest the potentiometer is normally in the middle of the stroke and that on either side of the stroke the log is not the response to our wish.
Hi Gilles,
that isn't correct what you say. On the market are LOG potentiometers that have a "S" curve. In this case this potentiometer has a middle position.
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

I'm discovering it, so if it's true, take the test!
thank you for this information.
best regards
Gilles