Hardware Connect error with B58.0.2

Ask here for software oriented support
Buford

Hardware Connect error with B58.0.2

Post by Buford »

After installation of B 58.0.2 I get the error message from HardwareConnect.exe as attached.
Question is, if I need HardwareConnect.exe on my Main PC. Only my Side Sticks and my pedals are connected to this PC via USB. All Skalarki Hardware is connected to another PC, where HardwareConnect.exe runs without an error message.
Alternatively what should I do to repair it?
THX for help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
See you in the skies…
jeehell
Site Admin

Re: Hardware Connect error with B58.0.2

Post by jeehell »

What modules did you select on the PC where you get the error?
You should only select what you need, in each PC, and nothing more.
Regards,
Jean Luc
Buford

Post by Buford »

O.k., I had (as in the past) selected Skalarki support also on my main PC, I will make a new install without.
Btw: Tbh I never understood if and for what FSUIPC support is needed, therefore I ticked it on all PCs. I it only needed if I use FSUIPC offsets and only on the Main PC or also on those where Wide Client is running? Skalarki Profiler needs FSUIPC/Wide Client, does that mean A320 FMGS FSUIPC support is also needed?
See you in the skies…
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Skalarki needs fsuipc as a direct link to p3d, but notto talk to my soft.
If you were not careful it may be you installed a new module which crashes as it cannot find the hardware.
Regards,
Jean Luc
Buford

Post by Buford »

THX for clarification! I will try to remove the not needed modules.
See you in the skies…
Buford

Post by Buford »

Checked it and result is:
> HardwareConnect.exe is needed only on the PC, on which SkalarkiProfiler is running; there in Starter.ini is needed:
HardwareConnect=yes
> Skalarki Profiler needs WideClient running
> A320 FMGS does not need Wide Client running
> in Starter.ini has to be set (for sure):
wideFMGSserver=yes on the PC on which FMGS Server is running
wideFMGS=yes on the PC on which FMGS Clients are running
Otherwise FMGS Clients do not connect.
That also makes my initial problem obsolete for me.
See you in the skies…
Buford

Post by Buford »

Further investigation showed:
FSUIPC offsets from A320 FMGS actions are only read, if the FSUIPC Connect.dll is running, and the dll needs a running Hardwareconnect.exe in the same folder. Thus my problem is not absolutely obsolete. HardwareConnect.exe on my main PC does not produce any longer the error message shown in the initial post, and I don’t know why. But it crashes and disappears instantly. When started not from Starter.exe/.ini, but separately with some delay by my start batch or by hand, it keeps running. Another behaviour I‘ve no explanation for.
My workaround is to place the FSUIPC Connect.dll in the folder to the HardwareConnect.exe on the PC, where my Skalarki Hardware is connected. There HardwareConnect.exe runs without issues as before. Another difference is, that my MainPC runs Win11, while the others still run Win10. But until B57 Hardwareconnect.exe also worked on the Win11 PC.
So I found a workaround for me, but still have no idea, why those problems appeared with the installation of B58.0.2.
See you in the skies…