Yes, but what is it?

About aircraft in general...
kholt

Yes, but what is it?

Post by kholt »

Can someone please be so kind as to point me to an overview or tutorial document or video that explains exactly what Jeehell FMGS is? I’m interested in basic concepts like how one gets outside visuals, whether it requires another aircraft add-on (e.g., FBW) that it supplements, or whether it is entirely standalone. Does it even require an external sim like MSFS at all? What if one does not have a complete hardware cockpit and is building one incrementally and only has say 25% of a complete hardware setup so far? Can I use hardware for some functions (e.g., FCU) and a 2-D software panel for others (e.g., the entire overhead panel)? Does it only implement an MCDU and leave everything else to another add-on? I’m looking for a very high-level overview that provides some context and background. I take it this isn’t your typical aircraft add-on for MSFS, P3D or X-Plane. But what is it then?

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions, which I’m sure they are, but I haven’t been around the flight sim community for very long and these basic questions seem difficult to find answers for.

I must admit I have the same stupid questions about Pro-Sim. For a commercial company, it is shocking how little info they provide about what their product actually is and what it does. It seems like they won’t tell you anything unless you know exactly what question to ask first, which is really annoying. I don’t particularly mind the cost of their product, but I don’t feel like playing games while they act like they are too important to have to explain what their product is. Not a good look for a potential customer not even put off by their price. I only mention all this because I assume Jeehell and Pro-Sim are of the same product genre, but I can’t really tell.

For context, I currently use (mostly) FSLabs on P3D with an expanding set of Skalarki hardware as well as flight controls from Brunner and Vier-im-Pott. I have a vague sense that Jeehell (and/or Pro-Sim) could be relevant to my future, but I can’t find anything that explains what they are exactly and what they might do for me.

Any help for a noob kindly appreciated.

Keith
Jbakki_011223_4305

Re: Yes, but what is it?

Post by Jbakki_011223_4305 »

Hi Keith,

A good way to knowing what this software can do for you, please look at the Current version/download section and see the documents, they describe very well what it can do. But it provides the A320 flight model for use in prepared3D, system logic, and rendering of all instruments displayed inside the cockpit.
System logic is the way to connect all physical items you have to control with, if you don have any then it have a graphical layout for overhead, pedestal, glare section to use on one or several computers with own or several screens.
This software is for building your own real A320 sim, without using Fslabs cockpit. Hope this was a little help, but the documents is better..

To see the documents you have to register as member.
Mery xmas,

Regards Kim
kholt

Post by kholt »

Thanks, that helps a lot actually. I take it that Jeehell is effectively an aircraft add-on for P3D without the 3D cockpit, but lots of different 2D panels. That is very interesting to me then, because that almost describes how I use FSLabs and why I have preferred it and P3D. I *hate* having to pan around in a 3D cockpit. In FSLabs, I have the 3D cockpit on my first monitor, the 2D pedestal and ECAM on my second monitor to the right, and the 2D overhead panel on a screen mounted above. I can’t do that with MSFS nor with XP as I recall. I just might have to give this a try then.

What if I only have some, but not all, of the hardware for the overhead panel? Will this work well If I have the physical switches for landing lights, strobes, beacon, nav, etc., but I don’t have hardware for the rest of the overhead panel? Will the 2D panel on the screen properly reflect the status of the hardware switches I do have, while also allowing me to manipulate other overhead panel controls (e.g., fuel pump Korys) on the 2D software panel?
Soarbywire

Post by Soarbywire »

Hi Keith,

Yes - all 2D panels are interactive and reflect the state of the aircraft.

I have a video which I took several years ago showcasing this: