Localiser alignment and general database issues (solution)

Ask here for software oriented support
jeehell
Site Admin

Re: Localiser alignment and general database issues (solution)

Post by jeehell »

If you can share with me only your navdrecord from aerosoft?
Is it only on add on airports?
Regards,
Jean Luc
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

jeehell wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:20 pm If you can share with me only your navdrecord from aerosoft?
Is it only on add on airports?
I use Navigraph data on Navdata 1 as my main database and an old Aerosoft AIRAC on Navata 2 as a backup. But the Aerosoft link from the scenery.cfg is not used. The folder doesn't exist. For every new AIRAC I just copy the data for both Navdata folders from another drive.

After my first unscussesful trials with Navigraph data on Navdata1 only, I restored the main fmgs/Navdata folder from a backup from last week, where all worked great. However,even with this data and redistributing the old .bin files across all pc, it does not work.

Do you still need the navrecord.dat file? IF yes, how can I share with you?

Thanks for your support!
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

I have updated to B57.1.3, just installed over the existing version. This has solved the Navdata issue.

Not sure, what happened here. However I am now running again into my previous issue of no liftoff, which I have since trying B57.
I will open a new thread for this.

Thanks
Regards
Michael

D-AJMF

Post by D-AJMF »

Hello,

what is if Jeehell server and P3D are installed on different PCs?
I do so, I've shared the folder C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 of the P3d-PC and set the Path accordingly to that A320FMGS\navdata\FSScenery.cfg file, but I still have issues.

Jean Luc, do you know if there is an Issue if these PCs are different for server and P3d?

Kind regards
Michael
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Michael,

this perfectly works. Follow the 'how to' in the Jeehell Advanced SetUp guide
Regards
Michael

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

D-AJMF wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:47 pm Hello,

what is if Jeehell server and P3D are installed on different PCs?
I do so, I've shared the folder C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 of the P3d-PC and set the Path accordingly to that A320FMGS\navdata\FSScenery.cfg file, but I still have issues.

Jean Luc, do you know if there is an Issue if these PCs are different for server and P3d?

Kind regards
Michael
Important: make sure you create the bin files on the P3D PC! Then copy them to the FMGS-Server PC after they created.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
SIM320

Post by SIM320 »

I have an issue in my Fmgs Airbus concerning ils, not solved
after having read the above posts.
I see glide slop on ND that does not work.
The magenta diamond ils (localizer) is not shown on nav display or sometimes it is out in a very wrong position (not aligned) but, for an unknown reason to me, guidance is usually engaged by FCU and only the horizontal path works.
The NAV and PFD DISPLAYS are installed in client pc 1.
Fmgs server is installed in pc 2 (not P3d v5) where the two MCDU are connected, correctly configured and working.
P3d in a separate machine - pc3.
Cockpit hardware by Skalarki.
Navigraph nav data file correctly set in folders nav1 and nav2 in fmgs server pc 2 and in the corresponding folders in NAV and PFD DISPLAYS pc 1.
Bin files deleted and regenerated in FMGS SERVER pc 2 then copied in NAV and PFD DISPLAYS pc1.

I don’t understand why ILS does not duly work since I installed the last released version of FMGS AIRBUS.
Can someone help me indicating the exact content of scenery.cfg file to be found in Fmgs navdata folder in each of my three different pc, according to the above mentioned distribution of resources I made?
Any way, which IP should be found in the scenery.cfg
(intended the file inside fmgs navdata folder in the different pc)?
Many thanks for a kind help.
Best regards.
Massimo

P3d v5
SIM320

Post by SIM320 »

SIM320 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:37 pm I have an issue in my Fmgs Airbus concerning ils, not solved
after having read the above posts.
I see glide slop on ND that does not work.
The magenta diamond ils (localizer) is not shown on nav display or sometimes it is out in a very wrong position (not aligned) but, for an unknown reason to me, guidance is usually engaged by FCU and only the horizontal path works.
The NAV and PFD DISPLAYS are installed in client pc 1.
Fmgs server is installed in pc 2 (not P3d v5) where the two MCDU are connected, correctly configured and working.
P3d in a separate machine - pc3.
Cockpit hardware by Skalarki.
Navigraph nav data file correctly set in folders nav1 and nav2 in fmgs server pc 2 and in the corresponding folders in NAV and PFD DISPLAYS pc 1.
Bin files deleted and regenerated in FMGS SERVER pc 2 then copied in NAV and PFD DISPLAYS pc1.

I don’t understand why ILS does not duly work since I installed the last released version of FMGS AIRBUS.
Can someone help me indicating the exact content of scenery.cfg file to be found in Fmgs navdata folder in each of my three different pc, according to the above mentioned distribution of resources I made?
Any way, which IP should be found in the scenery.cfg
(intended the file inside fmgs navdata folder in the different pc)?
Many thanks for a kind help 🙏🏻
Best regards.
Massimo

P3d v5
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

SIM320 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:37 pm
Important: make sure you create the bin files on the P3D PC! Then copy them to the FMGS-Server PC after they created.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
SIM320

Post by SIM320 »

Thanks Bernd,
please, can you say me how to do it?
What is the action to do?
Many thanks for your help.
Best regards
Massimo
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

make sure, you have the paths to P3D and the add-ons etc. correctly set in the scenery.cfg in the navdata folder of FMGS on the Machine where you run P3D itself.
Make sure, no bin files are in de Navdata folder. run only fmgsserver.exe with admin rights on this computer and wait until the 11 bin files are created. Then copy these bin files to your Computer where you run the FMGS software and to the PC where you run the PFD/ND portion.
Regards
Bernd

SIM320

Post by SIM320 »

Many many thanks!
I will do it.
Best regards
Massimo
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

I had what seems to be a very similar issue in the past. It got resolved by making sure I was running FMGS Server with Administrator rights (as indicated by Bernd). I just wanted to stress that point.
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
SIM320

Post by SIM320 »

Thierry, please,
could you post me the content of your scenery cfg in FMGS server and Fmgs in P3d pc?
Many thanks in advance if you can.
Nice day
Massimo
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

Here is the content of my FSscenery.cfg file in the Navdata folder on the P3D computer, which in my case is also running the FMGS Server:
[Scenery]
scenery.cfg=C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\scenery.cfg
FSfolder=C:\Prepar3D v5\
AerosoftPath=C:\Users\Thierry\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
Add-ons.cfg=C:\Users\Thierry\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg
Add-ons.cfg2=C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg
ip=127.0.0.1

Here is the content of my FSscenery.cfg file in the Navdata folder on the computer running the (FO) MCDU and PFD/ND:
[Scenery]
FSfolder=C:\Prepar3D v5\
AerosoftPath=C:\Users\Thierry\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
Add-ons.cfg=C:\Users\Thierry\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg
ip=192.168.1.121

In this file the IP address is the one of my P3D/FMGS Server computer.

And here is the content of logNDB.txt file in the Logs folder on the P3D computer, which in my case is also running the FMGS Server:
*10:21:08 AM* Navdata1:
*10:21:08 AM* -ARPTliste:13762
*10:21:08 AM* -NavaidListe:16391
*10:21:08 AM* -FIXliste:230924
*10:21:08 AM* -AWYsegments:104856
*10:21:08 AM* -MarkerList:1131
*10:21:08 AM* -Holds:27154
*10:21:08 AM* -RWYS:34915
*10:21:08 AM*
*10:21:08 AM* Navdata2:
*10:21:08 AM* -ARPTliste:13753
*10:21:08 AM* -NavaidListe:16334
*10:21:08 AM* -FIXliste:230484
*10:21:08 AM* -AWYsegments:104877
*10:21:08 AM* -MarkerList:1134
*10:21:08 AM* -Holds:26926
*10:21:08 AM* -RWYS:34890
*10:21:08 AM*

This is with:
AIRAC cycle : 2212
Version : 1
Valid (from/to): 01/DEC/2022 - 29/DEC/2022

All files are generated on the P3D computer as described in the posts above, then copied to my two client computers, one for the FO. one for the Captain.
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
SIM320

Post by SIM320 »

Thanks Thierry,
I appreciate your very accurate help!
I am going to copy your config, changing the distribution of Fmgs resources in my network.
My best regards
Massimo
SIM320

Post by SIM320 »

Issue solved following the procedure, generating bin files in the pc where P3d is installed and copying them in the client pc where ND is running.
I have Checked and corrected scenery.cfg paths also, thanks to Thierry that posted the contents.
ILS is newly and correctly active in my SIM.
Many thanks for this great support.
Best regards
Massimo
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

Glad to hear you got this resolved.

You might want to consider using Captain Pero's freeware (see this thread) as, among other things, it would allow to do the NAV database rebuild automatically and copy the files to remote computers. Just a suggestion of course.
D-AJMF

Post by D-AJMF »

michael1508 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:55 pm Hi Michael,

this perfectly works. Follow the 'how to' in the Jeehell Advanced SetUp guide
The problem is, there is no FMGS server installed on the P3D PC.
So I can’t create the files from this PC.

I didn’t find anything about how to do it, if server and P3D are on different machines.

Kind regards
Michael
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

D-AJMF wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:18 pm
Michael, are you sure. At installation of the jeehell suite you have to install also a portion on the P3D PC. Where you choose "This computer is running P3D" on the install option. As i know, the FMGS Server is installed on the P3D machine too then. If not, you just have at least the folder "\A320FMGS" on your P3D PC. just copy the Folder \FMGSServer from the PC where you run the dedicated Server into the A320FMGS mainfolder on the P3D PC. You can run FMGSServer.exe on the P3D PC by rightklick on the exe, start as Administrator or you put a link to it on you desktop. FMGSServer will then automaticly start creating the bin files on the P3D PC, if the folder settings in the scenery.cfg in the Navdata folder is correct, of course.
Once the 11 bins are created, copy them to he FMGSServer PC and all other PC which run a portion of Jeehell. Don´t forget to close FMGSServer.exe on the P3D PC afterwards, before starting you dedicated server

Good Luck
Regards
Bernd

D-AJMF

Post by D-AJMF »

bbruechmann wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:12 am
D-AJMF wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:18 pm
Michael, are you sure. At installation of the jeehell suite you have to install also a portion on the P3D PC. Where you choose "This computer is running P3D" on the install option. As i know, the FMGS Server is installed on the P3D machine too then. If not, you just have at least the folder "\A320FMGS" on your P3D PC. just copy the Folder \FMGSServer from the PC where you run the dedicated Server into the A320FMGS mainfolder on the P3D PC. You can run FMGSServer.exe on the P3D PC by rightklick on the exe, start as Administrator or you put a link to it on you desktop. FMGSServer will then automaticly start creating the bin files on the P3D PC, if the folder settings in the scenery.cfg in the Navdata folder is correct, of course.
Once the 11 bins are created, copy them to he FMGSServer PC and all other PC which run a portion of Jeehell. Don´t forget to close FMGSServer.exe on the P3D PC afterwards, before starting you dedicated server

Good Luck
I found the FMGS_Server.exe on the P3D PC, but when I run it, it doesnt create the files.
Navigraph AIRAC is installed to C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
I checked the scenery config File, looks good.

Code: Select all

[Scenery]
FSfolder=D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
AerosoftPath=C:\Users\Michael2\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
Add-ons.cfg=C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg
ip=192.168.178.103
But the P3d PC got IP 101. Sure the file is set for the actual server PC with 103. Does it maybe not run due to the IP?

kind regards
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

try to copy the dat file directly to navdata1 & 2 folders
Regards,
Jean Luc
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

D-AJMF wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:20 am
I found the FMGS_Server.exe on the P3D PC, but when I run it, it doesnt create the files.

[Scenery]
Add-ons.cfg=C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg
ip=192.168.178.103
But the P3d PC got IP 101. Sure the file is set for the actual server PC with 103. Does it maybe not run due to the IP?

kind regards
The AIRAC file schould be seen by the fmgsserver, but that never worked for me either. Just put the Navdatarecord.dat as Jeehell mentioned into the Navdata1 folder. Not sure if that matters in fact, but to keep things consistent you should change the IP to 101 if this is the one of the P3D PC. You could use the localhost address 127.0.0.0 aswell, i think.

***don´t forget to give fmgsserver a little time to create the bin files. On my system it takes something between 60 and 120 seconds or more, depending on how much add-ons you use.
Regards
Bernd

D-AJMF

Post by D-AJMF »

bbruechmann wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:56 pm
D-AJMF wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:20 am

[Scenery]
ip=192.168.178.103

kind regards
The AIRAC file schould be seen by the fmgsserver, but that never worked for me either. Just put the Navdatarecord.dat as Jeehell mentioned into the Navdata1 folder. Not sure if that matters in fact, but to keep things consistent you should change the IP to 101 if this is the one of the P3D PC. You could use the localhost address 127.0.0.0 aswell, i think.

***don´t forget to give fmgsserver a little time to create the bin files. On my system it takes something between 60 and 120 seconds or more, depending on how much add-ons you use.
Moving the Navrecord.dat did the trick.
Thank you and kind regards

Michael
tcz

Post by tcz »

Dear,

i have exact this issue i think. All Localiser are have a offset and bringing me down right at the green next to the runway.
This happened with two stock airports (e.g. EDDK and EDDL) who i have tested.
After i buy the justsim EDDL Scenery, for EDDL the problem is solved, but for EDDK it still exists.

If i test the ILS with the stock mooney - all is fine. So it looks like a (database?) problem in jeehell. Because EDDL worked after install justsim EDDL, i think i dont have a error in my "navdata\FSscenery.cfg".

As you can also see, the Course in the MCDU for 14L is 132°, but in the Charts it is 136°.
I think this difference can explain the offset ...