ACC and Trip Fuel

Ask here for software oriented support
balu69

ACC and Trip Fuel

Post by balu69 »

Hi
I took a flight from LSZH to LSGG yesterday. I entered this completely in the MCDU and a trip fuel of 1.3 was displayed on the INIT-B page. This corresponds to the 1260kg from SimBrief.
When I entered the ACC according to blackbox711.com https://blackbox711.com/airport-info-charts.htmlon the PERF page (4420ft instead of 2920ft) a trip fuel of 1.6 was displayed.
Does anyone know whether this is also the case in the real Airbus and whether this leads to 300kg more fuel consumption?
Oh yes, I used around 1300kg for the flight
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
balu69

Re: ACC and Trip Fuel

Post by balu69 »

Hello
I'm bringing this post forward again.
I have just done two test flights up to 16,000 feet once with ACC 2920 and once with 4420. In the MCDU the TripFuel showed 0.1 higher for the climb but I used the same amount of fuel in both variants.
I also noticed that the higher the V2, the greater the difference in TripFuel
Does anyone know this and does this correspond to reality?
Basically it's not that important but I still like it if the TripFuel in the OFP matches that in the MCDU
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Higher ACC means you're flying at V2 with flaps out for a longer time, so more drag and it should also mean lower slope on the long runs o more time at clb thrust.
Higher V2 also means shallower climb so longer in clb thrust. So in general yes it will increase fuel.
Regards,
Jean Luc
balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi Jean Luc
Thanks for the detailed answer. This is beyond my knowledge for now. But I'll read into it.
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google