When airborn, plane turns left on its own

Ask here for software oriented support
cuttaf

When airborn, plane turns left on its own

Post by cuttaf »

Since I implemented p3d v6, I have had several problems which I can hardly resolve. The major one for the moment is that as soon as the plane gets airborn, before I turn on the AP, it turns to the left. Engaging the AP puts it almost back on track but the PFD shows the plane to the left of the flight director as well as on the left of the flight plan on the ND. The ailerons are steering to the right on the FL/CTR page of the SD. If I turn off the AP, the plane turns left and obviously becomes difficult to fly. But I confirm the plane rolls strait on the runway and no correction is needed.
I have checked about anything I can think of, including reinstallation, calibration, payload etc... I am running FMGS B60.5. Reverting to B58.2 present the same problem. I cannot more recent versions i.e. B60.1, as p3d hangs as soon as the plane start to roll.... But that's another one of my problem! I am running P3D v6.1.11 (patch 3). Note that I also have the problem of severe nose dive when engaging the Descent Phase.
Can anyone suggest a plan for resolution?
Thanks for the help!
20240328_194731.jpg
20240328_194307.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
michael1508

Re: When airborn, plane turns left on its own

Post by michael1508 »

Have you checked, if there are still any axis assigned within P3D?
Delete them all in P3D and only calibrate in FMGS.
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
cuttaf

Post by cuttaf »

Thanks for the response... However, I doublechecked and all axis are disabled in P3D, I reconfirmed in the option page and ... no change :-(
Viewing the aircraft from outside, you can see the ailerons moved on each wing as shown on the SD.
Could the aircraft.cfg and/or the configAPFBW.cfg or else be corrupted? strange, because I reinstalled JH FMGS several times with no change.

By the way I run a system with four PC's, with the FMGS server PC separate from the P3D PC.

Regards,
Francis
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

really strange. Unfortunately I do not use P3D v6 mysel, but it seems to work for the other users.

Do you still have v5 installed and can run it with the same version of FMGS?
Regards
Michael

jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

only explanation I could imagine is lateral CG distribution (fuel?) or rudder trim (in P3D or in my soft, those are different)
Regards,
Jean Luc
cuttaf

Post by cuttaf »

First answer: No I nolonger have P3D v5 installed.

Second answer: I did check fuel balance and weights and it is OK. Engines are running with the same power and I don't have the left wheel hanging out....The ruder actually autotrims but it is probably to compensate for the ailerons. When going to manual flight (AP off) and resetting the rudder trim to zero, it makes no difference in behavior. If you look at the picture, only the ailerons are moved.
Where could I trim in P3D?
Could it be FSUIPC? But I don't use it for controls... I have all Skalarki devices.

I appreciate your interest in my problem! Thanks.

Rgds, Francis
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Does the flight control check after engine start work correctly?
Regards
Michael

cuttaf

Post by cuttaf »

Thanks for the follow-up, but flight controls check and work OK. During the TO phase, ailerons are flat.
in a couple of weeks, I will proceed with a complete re installation of P3D v6 and JH FMGS on the main and server computers.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

Rgds, Francis