SIOC Creator MCDU setup crash(not responding)

Ask here for software oriented support
fabioa320

SIOC Creator MCDU setup crash(not responding)

Post by fabioa320 »

Hello, all is working good with SIOC Creator Version 0.61.3.8 run with Administrator rights (JeeHellWare file is created normally) exept the MCDU setup.( NOT V3 version)
It took me a while to figure out the correct procedure, i.e. when you start SIOC.exe during the MCDU setup procedure, the config file loaded should be ConfigUSBkeys.ssi and not JeehellWare.ssi, is that correct?
Then at the end of the MCDU key press procedure, after pressing the last key (CLEAR), I get the message setup done!(and I click OK button) but the FORM2 window does not close nor I can click the APPLY CONFIG button.
SIOC Creator freezes in that state endlessy and after a forced closure no MCDU config file is added. (Apply LOG shows MCDU not enabled)
I tried with and without P3D running and MCDU interface running on networked PC.

p.s. I noticed that my C:\SIOC folder is READ only and with windows11 I am totally unable to change that! (I tried all procedured as administrator permissions) but I can edit SION.INI without any problem.
Is that of importance for SIOC Creator?

Any advice?

on a different topic any chance to get autotrim wheel interface with SIOC USBDCMotor?

Thanks for the great work
gillesaqsim

Re: SIOC Creator MCDU setup crash(not responding)

Post by gillesaqsim »

Hello Fabio,
have you the possibility to install Sioc on an other partition disk. i do a systematique installation on an other than C for all programs and it's fine.
here I am not saying that there is no problem with sioc creator and MCDU, with my backup no need to reprogram the keys (fortunately)!

regards
turbovela

Post by turbovela »

Hi,

I second the interface with SIOC USBDCMotor!!! It would be amazing. Thanks Jean Luc for all your hard work!!!

Jose
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

I don't have any issues with the MCDUs, I tried both CPT and FO, V3 or not and after clicking DONE button the form closes correctly...
If the SIOC folder is read only, it may have issues writing the sioc.ini file so that the MCUD config can write the name of the temporary SSI file to get the keys. THough in you case that seems to work.Maybe try to copy your SIOC folder into another drive or folder where it will not be read only and use that folder?
Regards,
Jean Luc
turbovela

Post by turbovela »

Unfortunately I am also getting the same issue with the MCDU SIOC setup. I start SIOC , then SIOC Creator and I’m able to start the configuration, once the first button comes up to map LSK1 nothing happens, and if I try to stop the configuration the SIOC creator goes unresponsive. I tried moving SIOC out of program files and I to the C drive and it’s still doing the same thing. I also have full admin rights. Any ideas? Thanks

Jose
turbovela

Post by turbovela »

Now I’m able to go through the config l, but at the end, when it’s says done and I click ok, ilsioc creator crashes. Don’t know what to do, been struggling for a week now.

Jose