Jeehell and Skalarki Overhead

Ask here for software oriented support
dkreiskott

Jeehell and Skalarki Overhead

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi All,

can anyone confirm that in cold & dark state and after turning on EXT PWR, the nose light is on even if the switch on the overhead is set to off?

According to Marcin, this would be an error in the switch assignment in the profile, which in my opinion can not be, because you can turn off the nose light via the switch when you go to on and off again.
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
michael1508

Re: Jeehell and Skalarki Overhead

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Dieter,

I can not confirm. Nose light is off at C&D start and turning it on/off works like it should.

I can send you a screenshot of my Profiler settings.
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

michael1508 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:00 am Hi Dieter,

I can not confirm. Nose light is off at C&D start and turning it on/off works like it should.

I can send you a screenshot of my Profiler settings.
Hi Michael,
yes, please send me a screenshot for the both events.
Thanks.
Regards
Dieter

dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Problem found, it is not the Profiler Setting. The logic for the switch inside the panel was not correct.
Regards
Dieter

thierryd

Post by thierryd »

Well, actually I do have this issue. When I load a flight I do see the nose light on (taxi light) even if the switch is on the OFF position. As a side note I also see the "LDG LT" ECAM message which seems to indicate that the landing lights are on the OFF position, even if both switches are on the RETRACT position. Cycling all 3 switches turns off the nose light and makes the ECAM message go away. I checked the logic in the Profiler and it seems correct to me. Now I remember that I added the extra logic when the new lights were added.
So I would definitively be interested in anyone willing to share their settings in the Profiler (ideally for both the nose lights and landing lights, and for both switches).
Thanks,
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
subsonic

Post by subsonic »

I have the same issue with the taxi light.
Best regards,
Alex
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Thierry,
hi Alex,

as I wrote, I found the problem and a solution.
the problem cannot be solved simply by reprogramming the profiler. I'll try to describe what I found out.
When the profiler is started, it must read the value (true or false) for each input and output. I'm sure Marcin does this in the order of 255 to 0 and not 0 to 255. The switch for the nose light is an ON | OFF | ON switch. Which means the OFF event is a true. And that's where the problem lies.

To solve the problem, you have to remove the lights panel overhead. After that you have two options.

1. The two data cables (not the minus in the middle) must be swapped. But that only works with soldering.
or
2. Remove the circuit board and rotate the switch 180 degrees.

Then you change the two ID's (86, 87 for me) and exchange the event settings for each other. I hope I was able to explain it in a useful way. If not let me know.

For a first test without removing the lights panel, you can try the following: Change the profile so that the nose light is off in the T.O position. Set in the OFF position so that the nose light is on. So just swap the two events in the profiler.

Then start your Home Cockpit as you always do. But remember, just restarting the profiler doesn't help once you've flipped the nose light switch. I also think Jeehell needs to be reloaded.

Okay, I hope I could help and the description is understandable. I have described it in more detail on my website.
This is written in german, but you can switch to english:

https://a320-simulator.de/homecockpit/s ... ht-switch/

@Thierry I can confirm that with the ECAM, I also have the message with the landing light. Haven't looked for the solution yet.
But I suspect a similar problem.
Regards
Dieter

dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

What I forgot, I have a P&P overhead. That was wired up by Skalarki.
I only bought it in November 2022.
Regards
Dieter

dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Okay, today I have a look of the Landing Light Switches.
This problem may not be easy to solve.
I tried it the same way as with the Nose Light. By that I mean I swapped the switch positions.

In my profile, the switches are assigned as follows:
Left ON = ID 92 / RET = ID 93
Right ON = ID 84 / RET = ID 85

I swapped the ID's for each switch, so the overhead position is on = RET and the position RET = ON.

If I start the profiler like this and I have switched RET, no message appears in the ECAM. However, the message still comes when I switch to the off position.

So if you leave the switches on the overhead on RET and then start the profiler, you have no message in the ECAM when you turn on Ext PWR, for example.

However, I think it is a mistake that the message "LDG LT" appears in the Ecam when the switch is OFF?
Shouldn't this message only appear when the landing light is switched on?

I took two screenshots from the profiler so that you could see what my test meant with the exchanged IDs. This is only for the left switch.
lefton.PNG
leftret.PNG
Regards
Dieter

thierryd

Post by thierryd »

Dieter,
Thanks for all your testing and your detailed explanations. For now I decided to go with a "workaround" which only involves the Profiler. For all 3 switches (2 landing lights and the nose light) I removed the OFF event for the part of the switch that commands the LDG LT ON or the NOSE LT to T.O. With that configuration the nose light is off at the start of the flight and I don't get the LDG LT ECAM message. Now the "price" I pay for this is that the following events are not detected: moving the NOSE LT switch from T.O. to TAXI and moving the LDG LT switches from ON to OFF. But that is acceptable for me.
Specifically for the LDG LT ECAM message, on my system, it seems that is only the Right LDG LT switch that is initially detected in the OFF position when if fact it is (physically) on the RETRACT position. Note that I took a look at the overhead soft panel and here is the position I see at the start of the flight:
- Left LDG LT: RETRACT
- Right LDG LT: OFF
- NOSE LT: TAXI
So I wonder if the issue for the LDG LT might be due to the overhead logic. I would be curious to hear what you see on the soft panel.
Thanks,
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

These are my Profiler Settings for the Landing Lights:

L/R LAND LIGHT ON
On-State: On
Off State: Off

L/R LAND LIGHT RET
On-State: Retract
Off State: Off

Maybe it works in my case , because I don't use the P&P version. I use the self assembled kit from Skalarki.
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Buddys, please bear in mind, that in former versions of Jeehell it worked flawless that there was allways the lights off, if the start position of the switches where OFF.

I just remind this, before changing a lot of connections in the Hardware, if those could turn out as unnessecary if the bug is in the actual profiler or Jeehell build.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries