BETA TESTING SOUND MODULE

What's new
jeehell
Site Admin

BETA TESTING SOUND MODULE

Post by jeehell »

Hello

I am doing some application refactoring in the sound module, in order to eliminate some problems with it (sound artifacts, heavy CPU usage, settings saving/loading).
The beta version of the sound app can be downloaded from here:
https://www.jeehell.org/Sound 60.0.6.zip
It is contained in a zip file which you must put in c:\A320FMGS\Sound folder on the PC where your sound application is used.
It works only with latest version released tonight (60.0.6).

The sound settings are now stored in an XML file which should be correctly read when some updates are introduced.

As for the sound cards, you will have the option to define 4 devices:
1. main speakers (basically the FWC/TCAS/GPWS output...)
2. Ambient Cockpit sounds (relays, air cond, avionics, ...)
3. Ambient Exterior (not that many but the external HORN, gear and gear doors)
4. Ambient Cabin (only cabin chimes for now)

You can of course the same sound card to each of these four "sound groups", if you only have a limited number of outputs.
If you use USB outputs with the same name, windows allow you to change the names of your devices:
https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page ... vices.html
Unfortunately, the new system I use for the sound feedback does not allow to access the sound cards by their GUID. Good news is, on windows updates you should no longer lose your configuration. And in any case, it takes only a few seconds to assign the correct sound cards (instead of sound per sound as it used to be).

Let me know in this thread all your feedback on this beta sound app.
Regards,
Jean Luc
pe_martin

Re: BETA TESTING SOUND MODULE

Post by pe_martin »

Hello JL!
The link does not work!
Best regards
peter
----------------------------------------------
D-AIPB
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

fixed
Regards,
Jean Luc
pe_martin

Post by pe_martin »

Hello JL!
I got this message and you see whats i the sound directory.
Best regards
peter
D-AIPB
pe_martin

Post by pe_martin »

sorry no attachment possible!
Best regards
peter
D-AIPB
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

That is strange it should be possible. Maybe the picture size is too big, try downsizing.
Regards,
Jean Luc
balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi Jena Luc
When I open the sound.exe it I get the error message that it cannot open the file c:\a320fmgs\sound\sounds\crc.wav.
This is because I don't have my installation on the C drive.
If I create the folder structure in C and copy the crc.wav file in, sound.exe starts without any problems
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
balu69

Post by balu69 »

but so I hear the noises twice.
If I remove the one crc.wav file in my installation folder, I get the error message again, but this time with the path to my installation folder
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

I've updated the file in https://www.jeehell.org/Sound 60.0.6.zip it should get rid of the error message on start.
Regards,
Jean Luc
balu69

Post by balu69 »

the error message no longer appears.
The link in your latest post is not complete, but the one in the first posting works.
What I still have is that the sound is not clear. it's like the sound is played twice twice, slightly delayed.
What I also had with the front versions was that the sound module kept disappearing. I click on it, make a change and after about 2 seconds. it disappears again and I have to click on it again in the taskbar
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

You don't have the old application running alongside?
What kind of sound cards do you use?
Do you have P3D sounds on the same sound card?
Regards,
Jean Luc
pe_martin

Post by pe_martin »

Hello JL!
Now it works!
best regards
peter
D-AIPB
balu69

Post by balu69 »

I connected the P3D sound to the soundcard on the mainboard.
I have all sounds from the A320 FMGS via speakers that are connected to the monitor, and this is connected to the FMGS computer via an HDMI cable.
It's clearly audible when I do the CVR test or turn seat belts on and off
To test, I put all A320 FMGS sounds on the main soundcard and this is also audible
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

pe_martin, do you have any issues like hearing the sounds twice?
Regards,
Jean Luc
pe_martin

Post by pe_martin »

Hello JH no!
I have serveral sound devices.
Best regards
peter
D-AIPB
pete_fuss

Post by pete_fuss »

balu69 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:38 pm the error message no longer appears.
The link in your latest post is not complete, but the one in the first posting works.
What I still have is that the sound is not clear. it's like the sound is played twice twice, slightly delayed.
What I also had with the front versions was that the sound module kept disappearing. I click on it, make a change and after about 2 seconds. it disappears again and I have to click on it again in the taskbar
Hello Jean Luc,
since yesterday i tested the Version 60.0.6 of the sound.exe and i can confirm the same as balu69. the sound is playing twice, i think, and the modul goes to the taskbar after two seconds. only when the P3d is not running i can make changes an the modul stays there.
regards from ETHL

Pete Fuss
P3D 5.4 ,Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz with 32 GB ,RTX3080 TI 12GB, MIxed Homecockpit + JH FMGS V B60.0.6, AS/ASCA, RdShade +Tex, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, a lot of add-on sceneries a round europe
LH320

Post by LH320 »

I hear the BELL and HORN sound when I press the CALL MECH switch on the overhead.
The assignment does not seem to be clear.
Regards
Stefan

I9-14900KF, RTX4090, P3Dv6, Immersive Display PRO, JH A320 FMGS on a dedicated Server
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

The bell sound is a big it dates from a time when I did not have the HORN sound. That will be corrected.
Do you have dual sounds for the other sounds?
Regards,
Jean Luc
pete_fuss

Post by pete_fuss »

Hello JL,
I've gone back to the old sound.exe because I can assign my sound cards with the individual sounds better there and am not tied to predefined ranges.
an xml file for the old sound.exe in which you define the sounds and sound cards would be great. and of course the xml file should not be overwritten during an update.
regards from ETHL

Pete Fuss
P3D 5.4 ,Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz with 32 GB ,RTX3080 TI 12GB, MIxed Homecockpit + JH FMGS V B60.0.6, AS/ASCA, RdShade +Tex, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, a lot of add-on sceneries a round europe
LH320

Post by LH320 »

jeehell wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:17 pm The bell sound is a big it dates from a time when I did not have the HORN sound. That will be corrected.
Do you have dual sounds for the other sounds?
No. The other sounds sems to be ok.
Regards
Stefan

I9-14900KF, RTX4090, P3Dv6, Immersive Display PRO, JH A320 FMGS on a dedicated Server