2 PC SETUP

Share your experience with computer/networking setup here.
MATO

2 PC SETUP

Post by MATO »

Hi guys....may I ask you the following questions to understand the network config with FMGS.

I have a desktop MIP from Simonsulution INCLUDING the 4 screens for PFD,ND,EWD and SD.
It will be connected by USB, VGA(CDU) and HDMI (4 displays) to my MAIN P3D PC 1.

Is there any possibility to source out the displays to my second machine ?
I think not, because I will not be able to move the displays over the network , or ?

Later, I will also have a pedestal (USB) and an OVHD (USB)

To decrease the workload on PC1.....is it possible to connect them to PC 2 and interact with FMGS client or is there any limitation in delay when
using them with Skalarki profiler together with FMGS ?

If yes, is a single PC better to connect all hardware with an USB hub (W10. P3D4.5. Ryzen9. 2080Ti) and only source out Active Sky,PFE.......

Your kind help is much appreciated....many thanks to all and good health during this bad time......Markus

bbruechmann

Re: 2 PC SETUP

Post by bbruechmann »

Hi Mato, may it helps if i tell you my working setup. I have 3 computers in total. One has the role as the image generator for my homecockpit which is the "P3D-Server" with an I9 CPU and a fast GPU. The second one is the "FMGS-Server" for Jeehell and all hardware which is an I3-CPU and runs at 30 % at max usage. The third is the "Jeehell-Client" which is an older I5-CPU 4 cores.

On the P3D-Server i have P3D, off course and ActiveSky, MCE and ProFlight 3 (ATC) running in background. My outside visual is connected to this P3D-Server.

On the FMGS-Server i´am running FMGS-Server as dedicated server, FBW, Overhead ECAM and MCDU and Skalarky Profiler. All hardware interface devices, like Joystick, Pedals, and Skalarki Panels are connected via an USB hub to this server.

On the Jehell-Client i´am running the whole Graphic interfaces for Jeehell (PFD/ND CPT & FO and EWD/SD). Beside this the client also runs PfPX, EFB, and several support software as an instructor station.

This setup works well for me and i have no issues so far in terms of performance or stability. Anyway i´am actually think about to reduce the Jeehell suite to one PC. Because the Jeehell client has the oldest CPU (I5), the graphics for the PFD/ND etc. consumes a lot of performance and the CPU is running at 98 % while running EFB and Flightplanning PFPX beside. I will may upgrade FMGS-Server PC with a much more faster I9 CPU and run also the PFD´s and SD´s on this machine aswell. So at that point i would have the whole Jeehell Software running on one PC as the A320 System PC and the seperate client is left for acting as instructor statwion, EFB and flightplanning only.
Bernd

P3D V5.3 - PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, M2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA, ExPfJH, CORTEMAN, TopCat, PFPX

MATO

Post by MATO »

Hi Bernd and many thanks for your quick and very kind reply...much appreciated.....I think, I will give a single PC setup a try as you will do.
I have still the 2nd PC with the graphical OVHD but later I will order the hardware.
Do you know, if the hardware OVHD will work if I will connect the instead the graphical surface to my 2nd pc over network if I use the FMGS client ?
Or is it better to have all hardware connected to the main pc ?
Have anice evening and stay healthy....kind wishes .... Markus

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Mato, generally i warmly suggest to connect all interfacing hardware to that PC where you want to run the FMGS-Server app of Jeehell. I also suggest to use one PC (the fastest and best you can afford) for the SIM and seperate all Jeehell stuff and hardware onto a second one. Though infact this second PC controls via network the aircraft in you SIM like all the FAC and FADEC computers do in the real airbus.
Actually i´am also still using a seperate monitor for the graphical Overhead PNL. This Monitor is still conected to the FMGS-Server PC. Once i have the Hardware Overhead from Skalarki installed via the USB hub i´ll simply disconnect the Monitor from that PC as it´s not needed anymore.
Bernd

P3D V5.3 - PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, M2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA, ExPfJH, CORTEMAN, TopCat, PFPX

MATO

Post by MATO »

Good morning Bernd & many thanks for your time to support me.....take care & stay healthy....Markus