Update B58 HW not working anymore

Ask here for software oriented support
Mortime

Update B58 HW not working anymore

Post by Mortime »

Hello Jean Luc,

I am really sorry to say this, but I have a new problem now. I installed yesterday the latest version B58.
A whole new set of problems that were not there before. I have additional HW from different manufacturers. The FCU does not work anymore. :-( The speedbrakes and the flaps no longer work.
How did I proceed ? I renamed the folder of each computer => C:\A320FMGS and then ran the installation B58 again on each computer. In P3Dv4 I replaced the A320-214 Aircraft with A320 from the package. Most of it works. But the above things no longer. The speedbrake and flaps run via EHID driver. Unfortunately, this driver is very old and can no longer be updated.

I would be really grateful if you could support me. I can provide log data etc. I would like to try to isolate the problem with your help.
I say many thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Morti
gillesaqsim

Re: Update B58 HW not working anymore

Post by gillesaqsim »

for me the best way to update is to make a copy of the old folder with the version name.
then uninstall JL, it keeps the user files...
then install the new version.
i hope this help you
gilles from france 'appeased'.....
Mortime

Post by Mortime »

thank you gilles. of course i can try this. I thought that a unistall is not necessary, because no registry entries or anything like that are set. So far, renaming has always been enough. are you sure - is it safe, that no user data are lost by this?
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

I usually install the update over the existing version.
I create a backup of the previous version by simply copying the A320FMGS folder to another place. From there I could add back certain customized files, if needed. But usually that's not needed.

Be aware, that for the update to B58 there are a few extra steps needed, as described by JL on the "latest version" page.

Have you checked, if the axis assignments under FMGS_config are still in place? Normally they should...
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

it depends on the previous version... since 57 it seems to me that JL has generated a CONTROLS.XML file in which there are all the axes and buttons.
for sure if this file did not exist before it will have to be created by fmgs-config.exe.
if you make a backup before uninstalling no worries to replace the personalized files
Mortime

Post by Mortime »

i use 56.0.29 actualy. Yes of course i make a backup before. And i generate a new coltrols.xml via fmgs-config.exe for tesing. But all the HW like FCU, Flaps, Gear, EFIS Panel, Thrust-Lever dont work anyore. :-(

What can i do now ? I am really a bit desperate.

Regards
Mortime
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

In my experience there is no reason for cockpitsonic hardware to stop working with latest version, except a configuration issue, or antivirus, or firewall.
Regards,
Jean Luc
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Mortime wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:42 pm i use 56.0.29 actualy. Yes of course i make a backup before. And i generate a new coltrols.xml via fmgs-config.exe for tesing. But all the HW like FCU, Flaps, Gear, EFIS Panel, Thrust-Lever dont work anyore. :-(

What can i do now ? I am really a bit desperate.

Regards
Mortime
For me it sounds like if there is an interface part not installed correctly at setup, like FSUIPC, HardwareConnect or Cockpitsonic
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
Mortime

Post by Mortime »

jeehell wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:32 am In my experience there is no reason for cockpitsonic hardware to stop working with latest version, except a configuration issue, or antivirus, or firewall.
This is of course possible. on the subject of config-error: how can I investigate the problem ? what do I need to look at ?
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

1. make sure EHID.exe runs. This is from your cockpitsonic side, not from my software, but if it works with previous versions of my soft it should still be running.
2. Run FMGS Config, there should be an EHID options window. Check it is correctly set up. All pots for brightness should be in there. Your THR LVRs, flaps etc should still be configurable on the main FMGS config window, as ordinary joysticks?
3. in c:\A320FMGS\hardware Modules\cockpitsonic.ini, look if you have IP and/or port lines, like this:

Code: Select all

[CockpitSonic]
IP=127.0.0.1
port=21843
IP should point to the PC the EHID driver runs (the EHID.exe from cockpitsonic), logically it should be on the same PC as the hardware Connect running the DLL, though sometimes things are split accross different PCs. If on the same PC, IP should the locahost (127.0.0.1).
Port should be left by default 21843 unless you changed it in cockpitsonic config.
4. If until now all was good, start the software normally and check that hardware connect does start. If not, maybe you did not install it during installation (it comes if any hardware modules has been selected, in your case cockpitsonic)
Regards,
Jean Luc
Mortime

Post by Mortime »

ok thank you very much. i'll check and get back to you. That will take a while.
Mortime

Post by Mortime »

one short question:

what is the best way to upgrade the JeeHell SW ? What are the Steps ?
1. complete Deinstall ? or
2. rename the old FMGS Folder ?

(i do number 2)
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

both should work.
Uninstall will not do much except delete files/folders.
For a fully fresh install, backup your C:\A320FMGS folder, unsinstall, delete the C:\A320FMGS folder then reinstall.
Regards,
Jean Luc