Warning call outs after start of Skalarki

Ask here for software oriented support
subsonic

Warning call outs after start of Skalarki

Post by subsonic »

Hello!

Since a couple of weeks, I have the problem that after start of Skalarki (P3D and Jeehell already running), I hear all the existing warning announcements (sink rate, glideslope, terrain, pull up, obstacles ahead etc.) once.

How can I avoid this?
Best regards,
Alex
jeehell
Site Admin

Re: Warning call outs after start of Skalarki

Post by jeehell »

Check the GPWS/GS Switches assignments on the MIP, they must not be in the pushed position by default
Regards,
Jean Luc
subsonic

Post by subsonic »

Thanks, Jean-Luc. At least in the Skalarki profiler, they have by default the status false, i.e. not pushed.

Is there another place where I can see the status of the buttons? It has to be connected to Skalarki as the problem does not appear before starting the profiler.

BR,
Alex
Best regards,
Alex
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

I had the same issue. In my case it was due to one of the GPWS/GS switches on the MIP being pushed in. It is not always obvious to see/feel if their current position before booting the simulator is pushed in (On) or pushed out (Off). I would suggest checking those, and if it's not obvious, just pressing it once to change the default switch position.
I hope this helps.
Thierry (aka Captain Tango)
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
subsonic

Post by subsonic »

This was indeed the case on the F/O side which I am never using. Thats why I previously only checked the CPT side button.

Thanks!
thierryd wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:23 am I had the same issue. In my case it was due to one of the GPWS/GS switches on the MIP being pushed in. It is not always obvious to see/feel if their current position before booting the simulator is pushed in (On) or pushed out (Off). I would suggest checking those, and if it's not obvious, just pressing it once to change the default switch position.
I hope this helps.
Thierry (aka Captain Tango)
Best regards,
Alex