SIOC Creator unresponsive

Ask here for software oriented support
turbovela

SIOC Creator unresponsive

Post by turbovela »

Hello,

I felt the need to start a new thread so I didn't hijack the one previously posted. I am on Jeehell version B60.1.5 and the reason is that I am using the mod for MSFS 2020. I am trying to set up my MCDU through opencockpits USBKeys card. SIOC is reading the card, now when I try to setup the MCDU through the SIOC Creator and use sioc.ssi the creator hangs at the beginning of the setup, even when I push LSK1 nothing happens. If i change the .ssi to ConfigUSBkeys.ssi then I can run through the setup, but the creator hangs after hitting done. Looking at what it created it, it only shows one line:
Var 0001, name key, Link USB_KEYS, Device 0

I've tried moving the SIOC folder to different folders, gave full admin rights to all the folders and that hasn't helped. I'm running out of ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jose
gillesaqsim

Re: SIOC Creator unresponsive

Post by gillesaqsim »

hello, is it the first time you use sioc creator with an USBKEY / MCDU ? have you an old mcdu backup
i don't know/use the msfs mod but I don't see how he would be involved.
normaly all must be stopped, msfs, SIOC, P3D.... just Sioc creator.
also your USBkey and other cards must be well declared and without conflict in your sioc.ini, no asterisk in the DEVICE window of sioc when you have configured sioc.

another idea... personally I use version 5.1B2 of sioc following problems with more recent versions. Can you send a screenshot of your sioc window?
best regards
gilles
turbovela

Post by turbovela »

Thanks for the help, I anl using Ver 8.0 B2, so I might revert annd see what if that helps. Everything is stopped, once SIIC creator asks to start SIIC I do and then I go through the setup. I’m not sure how to post a pic unfortunately, but my card is properly installed I think, under devices it says:

IDX = 0 - IOCardS-Keys - Device = 12

Jose
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

Hi Jose,
In faq :
Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

i have tested for you and after last key (CLR) you have a little window 'done'.... but last window CLR don't close and the sioc creator unresponsive....
for send an image i use https://postimages.org/

ok it there a real issu with sioc creator and MCDU config
you can post a ticket to Jean-Luc here
https://www.christophpaulus.com/bugrepo ... w_page.php
best regard
gilles
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

turbovela

Post by turbovela »

Thanks a bunch for that, that’s exactly what’s going on. I click done after the last button CLR and it goes unresponsive, I will submit a ticket!!! Thanks for the link for images as well.

Jose
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Please try with this SIOC Creator version:
https://www.jeehell.org/SIOC_Creator.exe
Regards,
Jean Luc
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

works well, jose should be happy!

regards
gilles
turbovela

Post by turbovela »

I’ll try it today!!

Thanks Jean Luc!!!!

Jose
turbovela

Post by turbovela »

Thank you both for all the help, it worked great!!!! Now I have an MCDU!!! Amazing!! 🤩

Jose