Basic setup questions [Resolved]

Ask here for software oriented support
kholt

Basic setup questions [Resolved]

Post by kholt »

I installed JeeHell FMGS but I am having a few basic setup issues. For one, I can interact with all pushbuttons on the software panels using the mouse, but I cannot interact with any toggle switches (e.g., NAV lights on overhead panel) with the mouse. Also, some rotary knobs are functional, such as those on the FCU (e.g., HDG), but those on the overhead panel are not (e.g. ADIRS rotary switches).

Another issue is I can't find any evidence that my Skalarki hardware is working. The SkalarkiIO profiler says it is connected to the hardware and the sim and everything is green and happy. Likewise the HW module for JeeHell says it is connected to the Skalarki hardware. Everybody's happy, except nothing works. The switches on the ECAM panel do not work, the RMP and AMP do not work, etc. I have specified JeeHell as the target in the Skalarki Profiler.

I assume all of this is the result of a misunderstanding about some important step in the configuration or installation process. Can someone please steer me in the right direction, as I am lost as to what to do?

It's weird to me that the pushbuttons are all functional. For example, I am able to connect external power and start the APU. But I can't turn on the NAV lights or beacon.

Keith

P.S., I use the Skalarki hardware now with the FSLabs A320. I have also been successful connecting to a trial version of ProSim. I think I know how this is supposed to work, but I'm clearly missing something here.
Last edited by kholt on Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
kholt

Re: Basic setup questions

Post by kholt »

Just to add to my previous post, the FMGS server shows *everything* connected with the only exception being the overhead. I suppose this could explain why its toggle and rotary switches don’t work, but why then do all the pushbutton Kory switches work? I mean, they really work. I can select external power and start the APU and watch it start up on the ECAM.

Also, the FCU does show connected, and it almost 100% works, except for (again) the toggle switches. I cannot select between VOR and ADF for example.
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Most of the selectors should be clicked on the labels of the functions you want (ON/OFF/AUTO) and not necessarily on the switch itself.
YOu can also use on some selectors(rotary ones) left/right clicks.
Hardware: make sure you did NOT install support for hardware you do NOT use, it could interfere. If you only use skalarki hardware, in your hardware modules folder you should only have one for skalarki.
Regards,
Jean Luc
kholt

Post by kholt »

Well I feel a bit sheepish now. I tried every which way I could think of to manipulate the toggle switches, but the one thing I apparently hadn't tried was clicking on a label rather than the switch itself. I clicked and dragged around so much with any one of the three mouse buttons I'm quite surprised I hadn't at some point clicked on a label and not the switch unintentionally.

Anyway, clicking the labels does indeed work. I kind of like this method better, actually. The one thing I will have trouble getting used to is if you click on a rotary knob with the left mouse button, the knob turns to the right (clockwise), and if you click with the right mouse button, the knob turns to the left (counter clockwise). This will require some retraining of my muscle memory as it seems very counter-intuitive to me, but if I switch to using this rather than continuing with FSLabs I guess I'll eventually get used to it.

After this embarrasing mistake, I feel like I have no credibility left to discuss any other problems. Nevertheless, I'm still having no luck with the Skalarki hardware. When I ran the installer, I selected everything under the main application heading, under the hardware heading I selected Skalarki and FSUIPC, and under the software panels heading I selected the overhead and FCU only.

Do the above installer choices make sense? Should I NOT select under the main application heading those things that I have hardware for? If I rerun the installer after having already made these choices, do I need to delete the C:\FMGS directory and start from scratch, or will the reinstall effectively just mark a configuration file to reflect the new choices such that having them installed previously doesn't matter?

I don't know that I really require FSUIPC. I've never used it for anything other than to connect the push-to-talk switch on my A320 sidestick (Brunner) to acknowledge ATC transmissions in P3D by having it select 'item 1'. I can certainly live without that if it could be causing a problem with the Skalarki interface.

I think that if I can just get past this hurdle I should be on my way to making an actual flight. Help is greatly appreciated.
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

FSUIPC support will not cause any interference with skalarki, and install it only on P3D PC (or eventually on FMGS server PC with wideclient if you have a separate PC for P3D and for FMGS Server).
For skalarki, you should install the support only on one PC, best is the PC where most hardware is plugged in. In each skalarki profiler, options you should point the IP to the PC running the skalarki support in my software.
Soft GUIs should not cause troubles with hardware EXCEPT Flaps, spoilers and throttle.
You can prevent a soft GUI from starting by editing c:\A320FMGS\starter.ini file.

And maybe check that page:
https://www.skalarki-electronics.com/en ... as-default
Regards,
Jean Luc
kholt

Post by kholt »

I only have one PC with everything on it, so all IPs are set to localhost. I went through the instructions again on the Skalarki page that you referenced. I also reinstalled the Skalarki profiler, making certain that JeeHell support was indeed installed. However, I'm still in the same place. Everything indicates it is connected, but nothing is actually functional.

I appreciate all the help. I don't see what else I can try, so I guess I will set this aside for now and maybe revisit at a later date.
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Post the hardware logs after trying to make everything work.
Regards,
Jean Luc
kholt

Post by kholt »

I'm not sure what to look for as I don't see a "hardware log". I do see a HClog7.txt as copied below.

*Date of file:2/7/2024
*5:41:40 PM*:HardwareConnect Launched
*5:43:31 PM*:C:\A320FMGS\Hardware Modules\FSUIPCmodule.dll loaded
*5:43:31 PM*:C:\A320FMGS\Hardware Modules\SkalarkiIO.dll loaded
*5:43:31 PM* Skalarki JL:client connected

And also a file HClog.txt which is very long

*Date of file:2/9/2024
*5:02:50 PM*:HardwareConnect Launched
*5:05:23 PM*:C:\A320FMGS\Hardware Modules\FSUIPCmodule.dll loaded
*5:05:23 PM*:C:\A320FMGS\Hardware Modules\SkalarkiIO.dll loaded
*5:05:23 PM* Skalarki JL:client connected
*5:07:08 PM*:C:\A320FMGS\Hardware Modules\FSUIPCmodule.dll loaded
*5:07:08 PM*:C:\A320FMGS\Hardware Modules\SkalarkiIO.dll loaded
*5:07:08 PM* Skalarki JL:client connected
*7:12:39 PM* Skalarki JL:Data nb:-49 state:3
*7:12:40 PM* Skalarki JL:Data nb:-49 state:4
*7:12:41 PM*:C:\A320FMGS\Hardware Modules\FSUIPCmodule.dll loaded
*7:12:41 PM*:C:\A320FMGS\Hardware Modules\SkalarkiIO.dll loaded
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:client connected
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:LED nb:1 state:1
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:LED nb:324 state:0
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:LED nb:325 state:0
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:LED nb:326 state:0
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:LED nb:328 state:0

etc, and then later

*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:Text nb:5 state: dAtA
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:Text nb:6 state:118.000
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:LED nb:29 state:0
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:Data nb:-44 state:11
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:Data nb:-45 state:2
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:Data nb:-46 state:2024
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:Data nb:-47 state:7
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:Data nb:-48 state:12
*7:12:42 PM* Skalarki JL:Data nb:-49 state:5
kholt

Post by kholt »

This has been resolved.

I can’t say precisely what was wrong, but it had nothing to do with JeeHell software. There was something wrong with my Skalarki profile which was resolved somehow during the process of reinstalling and fiddling around with it until it suddenly started working. That’s about as specific as I can be.