Jeehell and MSFS2020

Ask questions regarding software support here
Tcane

Jeehell and MSFS2020

Post by Tcane »

Hello,

Today Microsoft announced there release date of the new Flight Simulator in August.
Is a Version of the FMGS planned for this?

Kind regards
Florian
Regards Florian

My Homecockpit: https://www.facebook.com/A320Homecockpit/

jeehell
Site Admin

Re: Jeehell and MSFS2020

Post by jeehell »

Hello

I do not have any plans for now.
I still do not have access to their SDK.
Regards,
Jean Luc

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

JL, we do not dare to hope for this, but if it were within the realm of possibility... :( perhaps even with the new MSFS A320 NEO :). Of course it´s on you and you would need to know how much work it would meant to migrate the FMGS or vice versa at least.
Mais pour cela, je vous incluras dans mes prières... :P

P.S. Vive la France! (est signifié honnêtement - because we owe the advanced cockpit to the French at Airbus and our beloved FMGS also to such a one from beautiful Nice)
Bernd

P3D V5.1 - PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, M2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA

Dan320

Post by Dan320 »

Hey Jean Luc

Were you able to get in to the Marketplace Program since they made it easier to apply from what I have read two weeks ago?

Regards, Daniel

alancordez

Post by alancordez »

Hi,
Can you already access the SDK ?
How long would it propably take to make a conversion ?

Soarbywire

Post by Soarbywire »

Hope everyone is having fun with MSFS2020 ;-)
It was fun alpha and beta testing.

SDK information - https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ho ... ode/123241
Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering - http://www.soarbywire.com

jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Ok so, the current SDK is pretty useless for me. It lacks most of the interesting stuff (hopefully it will be released soon).

Also, the "aerodynamics" part is a joke. Now I understand why the aircraft behave so badly since the alpha builds. So this is really not a really good thing for now. The take off roll (and landing roll) are just terrible, ground handling looks to be taken from an arcade automobile game.

All my work arounds that worked great in FSX and P3D are now useless, so icing and a few other things won't work.
Weather radar is not possible so far (I do not know how or when it will be possible later, using active sky or not?).

Scenery scanning for the ILS/RWY is not possible for now (not sure if there is bgl file system, and if it will decoded soon). They left out the API part to read that from addons, so for now that cant work.

Honestly, the only good thing I can see is the graphics, but for me eye candy is not enough...

I need to figure out how to load the current flight model and check if all works with simconnect. Maybe tonight...
Regards,
Jean Luc

asessa

Post by asessa »

Hi JL, any news?
MSFS2020 - PC spec: Intel I3-10100, 16 GB DDR4 3000, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, REX WF

jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Not really.
I could convert the aircraft add-on to the new package format required (legacy add-ons needs some work they don't work out if the box...).
But SimConnect connection to my soft seems to be causing huge slow downs and I have no idea why. Also the engine model seems very weird...
I haven't got a lot of time to put into it right now, I thought that would be easier, but apparently the backwards compatibility is not working as one would think...
Regards,
Jean Luc

asessa

Post by asessa »

Ok, we wait for your great suite ;)
MSFS2020 - PC spec: Intel I3-10100, 16 GB DDR4 3000, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, REX WF