Jeehell Server lost connection on Scenerie changing

Ask here for software oriented support
dkreiskott

Jeehell Server lost connection on Scenerie changing

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Jean Luc,

I found a new problem when the Jeehell server is installed on a second machine. If you have installed many addons and switch off an addon via the P3D menu, the scenery index is recreated in the P3D and the entire scenery is reloaded.
However, this can sometimes take a little longer.
For me it was about 3 minutes. During this time, the Jeehell server loses the connection to the Prepar3d. In my case, this means that the computers that control the MIP and pedestal no longer have any function either.

I can reproduce this problem at any time. The same happens when ORBX Vector is active and you load a larger flight plan into P3D.
Due to ORBX Vector, loading the flight plan takes significantly longer. Subsequently, the Jeehell server also lost the connection.
This behavior is described in the ORBX forum:

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/1955 ... nt-1678262

It is clear to me that the problem is ORBX Vector or P3D.
But the Jeehell server should not lose the connection when deactivating or activating a scenery via the P3D menu, even if the loading time takes a little time and if it is installed on a separate computer.
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
jeehell
Site Admin

Re: Jeehell Server lost connection on Scenerie changing

Post by jeehell »

It seems it is a smconnect crash. It is a problem has he sim connect library usually does not detect the link crashed and it rarely is able to recover without app restart...
Regards,
Jean Luc
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Jean Luc,
your explanation seems conclusive to me.
I have tested it by disabling ORBX Vector.
After restarting all the computers, I then loaded a flight plan that causes this problem. The time to load is less than 30 seconds (before 4 min) and there is also no disconnection to the Jeehell server.
This is an unsightly problem. Do you have any suggestions for a solution?
Could the Jeehell server monitor Simconnect and report an error if necessary?

Probably not so many flight plans are loaded in P3D, but I would be interested if this problem has already occurred with others, since it also occurs with scenery activation or deactivation.
Regards
Dieter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Hi Dieter, if you use a higher version of P3D as 4.5, i recommend to deactivate OrbX Vector completly. It slows down the Simulator drastically in case of loading times and causes stutters aswell. The Vector data of V5 and higher were updated by LM, and are newer and better as OrbX vector since.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Bernd, yes, you are right.
I have uninstalled Vector and I don't see any big differences visually.
Regards
Dieter