aircraft.cfg updates by Topcat or MCDU

Ask here for software oriented support
michael1508

aircraft.cfg updates by Topcat or MCDU

Post by michael1508 »

I was comparing the aircraft.cfg file before and after sending TOPCAT W&B data and also after further changes in the MCDU Init B page. I wanted to understand, what is happening to the aircraft.cfg. But I was surprised, that all 3 versions were identical.

So then I was checking the Topcat manual and realized, that I have used the Topcat export function for fuel and W&B data all the years in a wrong way. I was always sending the W&B data after the flight has been loaded. However the Topcat manual says, after export the aircraft has to be reloaded for the changes to take effect!

Now I am wondering, what happens, if I only enter the data manually in the MCDU instead of the Topcat export? There is also no reloading of the aircraft.

Can someone share more light on this?

Thanks!
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
bbruechmann

Re: aircraft.cfg updates by Topcat or MCDU

Post by bbruechmann »

Michael, the weight and balance data including the fuel figures do not influence the aircraft.cfg at all. The W&B modul of the sim is an internal stand alone part which is loaded (and stored) within the Situation file. in clear words, the W&B data are NOT part of the aicraft-cfg.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Bernd, interesting - I wonder, why Topcat says, it exports to aircraft.cfg?

So, if I understand you right, the W&B entries in the MCDU and also the fuel figures will be read and stored in that situation file.
Good to know - Thanks!
Regards
Michael

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Yea, it´s a little bit misleading, maybe. The data of the aircraft.cfg provide the "frame" for the W&B data in the matter of how big are the tanks, max weight for pax and freight, etc. and is used to add the W&B figures in that situation for the sim calculations. Me myself thought a long time in the same way as you, but once i noticed that the cfg file doesn´t changed, i asked LM how it works and they given me this explanation.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
pe_martin

Post by pe_martin »

Hello!
You see at the aircraft that it will move on changing the aircraft.cfg (changing fuel) etc.
Best regards
peter
----------------------------------------------
D-AIPB
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Thanks guys!
Regards
Michael